Haunt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good, cheap source of hair for my witch. I want a thinned out head of hair, like I did for my earlier project. I'd found a sample of hair extensions this summer at a yard sale, but it was hardly any hair and is gone now.

I looked at the cheap halloween wigs at the store, but it's just that cheap. And shiny. Shiny's not good for looking real... Unless you are a Twilight vampire, I guess. :googly:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I do a lot of hair styling, making wigs, etc; and most wig stores have hair extensions. From real hair to synthetic. Yaky is some of the cheapest, about 99¢ a pack and if you're just doing a thinned out hair look, that should be fine. You'll find the really thick sort of "jumbo braid" as well as silky. All of this stuff is unwefted, the wefted is a bit pricier, but sometimes is just what you need. Best of luck to you!

·
Director of Ambiance
1,803 Posts
The cheapest and best hair I have for my zombies is untwisting lengths of twine, painting any color with spray paint, and gluing sections to the head with liquid nails, then painting the LN with the same paint as the hair color. We have several props we have used for years with this cheap hair and it is still looking great, none has fallen out at all.

Just unravel while you watch TV, it goes so much faster than you think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts