Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, need some advice. I have my man Phillip here...

...made of paper mache, painted with Acrylic paints, who needs some hair. I'm thinking thinned out tufts, maybe some for a bit of a beard/mustache, or eyebrows. I'm not sure what to do for the next step, though. I have some bits of hair extensions I bought at a yard sale, but there isn't all the much there...

I ponder superglue individual strains, but that will take forever (not stopped me before) or small tufts (hoping to avoid the doll head look). Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use a couple of different methods depending on the effect I'm going for. 3M 77 adhesive works well for a lot of hair. It works like a contact cement so simply apply on the skull and hair and let dry for 5-10 minutes then attach.
For small tufts here and there I'll use hot glue. I take a bunch of strands of hair and fan the ends out, then while holding them close to the ends I'll dab it into the hot glue at the end of the hot glue gun and stick on the skull. Both methods hold the hair very well. The hot glue method takes a bit longer but is much more controlled.

Whatever you decide to do I'd try it on a small area of the skull to make sure it's going to hold well and doesn't do anything bad to the paint job.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Wood glue also woks very well, I just spread some out with a tooth pick then apply hair.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Update

Got the hair on by supergluing tufts on. Worked well, except some hair comes off every now and then and I don't much care for the shine...

Can't really see the glue shine in these pix. Not too bad, all things considered.

·
Super Moderator
64,332 Posts
I like it. He looks very scruffy that way.

Try a little translucent facial powder to mute that shine - works on people:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts