Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Yes, with July just around the corner, the Spooky Town stuff should be arriving at Michael's very soon. Heck, our local Stop and Shop has already started populating the empty space in their seasonal aisle with bags of candy.

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
Mmmmm you do look a little shorter to me. I enjoy getting OT's Halloween catalog, but I notice that I seem to think to myself, "I can make that cheaper". And really "creepy cloth". I mean, ritz dye and cheese cloth.
But they do seem to be trying to get new stuff all the time and I do buy a few odds and ends.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I have 2 coupons for $10 off FrightCatalog stuff but everything I'd like is back ordered :(

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Ive noticed various skull pattern fabrics at JoAnn Fabrics. I think it's more to do with Pirates of the Caribbean III; however some of their general "autumn" fabrics are out already. I suspect that the Halloween lines will be in soon. :)

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Bone Dancer I agree I already circled the stuff in the OTC that I know I can make and look better, it's just when ya know.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Very true Z. I think it was mid-November when I was searching for animated skulls.
I ordered some resin bats yesterday. I thought 2 bats for $10 was a good buy and I can have them up all year ;)

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Touche' Zombie....no kidding hey
I will have to say I buy things all yr, for things i see I will know I need maybe this yr or most likely for next yr. Tryin', (I said tryin' ) to maybe stay ahead of the game.
I would like from now on to make all my stuff. haha
Happy Shopping Ghoils and Ghouls

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don’t know…I miss the days when Halloween stuff (and all the other holidays) didn’t go on sale until a month or so before the holiday itself. I love Halloween but, to see the stuff on sale in July just feels wrong to me sometime. Heck they have Halloween clearance sales BEFORE Halloween! They might as well section-off the stores into the different holidays and sell the stuff all year round. When I was growing up you had to either buy the stuff at full price to use it that Halloween or love the holiday enough to buy it on sale AFTER Halloween and keep it a full year to use the next year.

I don't know it just feels like "they" are pushing the next holiday eariler and eariler each year and a little bit of the fun of each season is lost... every year. :(

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
i kinda agree Eyes, I only buy props when they get in stock near Halloween. Building props in the summer is as far as I go.

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
I don't mind buy buying year round. Fifty bucks a month is alot easier to get past the spouse than six hundred in Oct. Plus, things are pretty picked over come Oct.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I agree that the holidays lose something when say xmas is outin oct. However, Halloween has become my hobby and therfore is exercised all year long.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
I agree with Slightly- to an extent. If a specialty store carries this stuff all year long, I get a kick out of it. If EVERY store carries it all year long it becomes trite and too ordinary to be special.

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
I don't know... just stopped at Michael's last night for flamingo patio lights for a friend and found out Halloween has started there. Talk about excitement!

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.