Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am a Bud Light and Hornsby's girl. I also like a good margarita. I haven't found anything especially suited to Halloween. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
scarface, my friend, you have just made a new best friend! :D Anyone who has anything to do with alcohol for an occupation is way up there in my cool book.

There are all sorts of recipes that pop up here and there all over the 'net during All Hallows. Just enter Halloween Drinks or something like that into a search engine and I'm sure all sorts of sites will come up for what you're looking for. The bad thing is, a lot of these drinks have very expensive spirits involved and I would recommend that you check out two things before you venture into these realms: 1.) How sizable is your bank account and, 2.) If you really want to spend that kind of money on people who might be coming to a party you're throwing. :D

As for me, anything with Vodka is just fine for every holiday occasion.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Sinister said:
As for me, anything with Vodka is just fine for every holiday occasion.
That reminds me - it's National Potato Week, and I want to celebrate!

(That's an inside joke from "The Andy Griffith Show")

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On halloween my buddies and I all throw in on an expensive bottle of rum. Makes me feel like a pirate. This year we have a bottle of Cruzan single barrel I picked up in the virgin islands a few months back. Throw a couple ice cubes in a glass and sip on it through out the night.

If you are looking for a holloween theme of a drink. This one always impresses your friends. But can be a little spendy for the booze involved.

1 oz chambord or to save a couple bucks use Raspberry Liq.
1 oz Vodka
1 oz Midori or for cheaper use apple pucker
1 oz OJ
1 oz pineapple
Garnish with gummy worms. {thats the cool part}

Its called a witches brew and it will mess you up after a couple. They dont taste like they have a lot of booze but THEY SNEAK UP ON YOU!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
one must wonder what color that turns out to be, I'll have to try it next time I have pineapple juice.

We normally serve Frambois (raspberry Lambec) it's a belgian drink. Very red, good taste. The triditional Belgian glass for this looks a ton like a v-shaped graduated cylinder. It's funny to watch bars try to serve this drink, I know of only one in the LA area that puts it in it's proper glass. :D

Very popular with my Gothic friends.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I made a form of Witches Brew similar to this last year. Unfortunately, the end result didn't creep up on me at all, and was **** yellow. Tasty concoction, that, but I had to polish off a half bottle of Gray Goose to keep a buzz going. :D

·
Registered
738 Posts
A few years ago I made this prop.

http://griplipproductions.homestead.com/Fountain1.html

for the past few years I have made the following concoction.

Spooky Juice

Sky Vodka 1.75
2 Gal OJ No Pulp
5 cans Pinapple Juice
Midori 1 bottle 1l

I have added lots of Green food coloring to get it to a greenish
Yellow tinge. A couple of scoops of Dry Ice and you get this effect.

This was just red food coloring in water for Last yr

My wife wants me to make it a Blood like color.

I wouldn't mind a Greenish yellow that Glowed under a Black light.

Any ideas? Please nothing Toxic :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Try making it with Tonic water. Tonic water glows under blacklight. I don't know how it will react with the OJ and pinapple juice though. It might lose the glow ability.

Tonic Water might thin out the OJ, but if you use a concentrate, it might not be bad.

Drink enough vodka and everything may start to glow. :googly:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there is a drink i recall named a june bug. A bright green color but way to fruity for me. I am not sure how it would look under a black light but it might work.

For one drink that comes in a 18 oz glass the recipe calls for

1 oz midori
3/4 oz bannana Liq
3/4 oz malibu
1 oz pineapple
1 oz sweet and sour.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Try making it with Tonic water. Tonic water glows under blacklight.
No way!!! I'm gonna go check that out right now!!!! afk!~

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'd love to learn how to make a Zombie for this year's Halloween party. We never actually make any drinks, we just kind of drink beer and shots of stuff.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Halloween recipes/drink concoctions

I know I still a newbie here, but I was wondering if we could add a new topic which would include recipes and drink concoctions. I have a bunch of recipes and am always looking to add new ones to my Halloween buffet. I also have alcoholic/nonalcoholic drinks at my parties also. It would be fun to share these and to also get ideas from you guys as well. Pretty soon party time will be here!!!! :D Letta me know whatcha think!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I think we have threads here that discuss that very thing, Weiner. I'm sure Z will probably merge those as well like he has other threads here recently. However, I PERSONALLY am always looking for such things. You can PM me with all the info you have on such matters. I'm a cooking afficianado myself...:) :jol:

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Sinister said:
I think we have threads here that discuss that very thing, Weiner. I'm sure Z will probably merge those as well like he has other threads here recently. However, I PERSONALLY am always looking for such things. You can PM me with all the info you have on such matters. I'm a cooking afficianado myself...:) :jol:
Right you are Sinman, and a-merging we go!

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I thought I had been drinking to much. I told it to post on Da Weiners post and it said, sorry dude not there. Good, now I can post it here.

Da Weiner let me start your thread with my little drinky beverage. First you pure some Goldslogger in a big bowl. Then a few dashes of Yagermister. Now the 151 Baccardi. Not to metion the few dashes of rumplemintz. You then top the thing off with some Red Bull. Now mix that Sh**. Keep away from flames.(important) Then drink. They call this liquid cocaine.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
ooh how did I miss this thread before...lol

here are a couple that I really like

Vampyre's Kiss Martini
M&R dry Vermouth (to taste)
2oz Vampyre Red Vodka
dress with a cherry (or 2)

the **********..this looks like a drink, but it' a HUGE shot..lol
No idea about the actual measurements but in a 10-12 oz party glass
fill with ice
a little less than 1/2 of chambord liquor
same amount of Rasperry Vodka
splash of tonic water or seltzer...have used sprite too...lol

use 3 straws and suck it all down in one shot.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Wow! You guys have great ideas. Sounds good Sinister. I love making appetizers and real food for that day. Everybody that comes TOTing around my neighborhood knows that I have open house and good eats.

I haven't had 151 rum in ten years. It was sooo smooth when it went down but very unpleasant coming up. :sick: But I think I have gotten over it and I will have to give it another shot. I did hear of that shot, Liquid Cocaine. I will definitely try it.

I really like chambord and Raspberry Vodka. You know, you can use DeKruper's Razzamatzz schapps instead of chambord. There is really not much difference in taste - only in price especially if you are having a party. When I put in my raspberry jello shots.

Here is a drink recipe that can be adult and kid friendly - Pond Scum

1 (12 fluid ounce) can of frozen limeade concentrate
1 (12 fluid ounce) can of frozen lemonade
1 (2 liter bottle of lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1/2 bottle of rum (you can add more if you like - your choice)
1 quart of lime sherbert

In a large bowl add limeade, lemonade and lemon-lime soda. Stir in rum and then place sherbert on top and let it float on the top of the punch.

I usually make two batches - one for us zombies and a non-alcoholic one (omit the rum) for the goblins. Just make sure you have them marked which one is which. Those goblins can get out of hand!!!

Gremlin:

1 1/2 ounce of Vodka
3/4 ounce of Blue Curaco
3/4 ounce of Rum
Splash of orange juice

Shake with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Salem Witch:

1/2 ounce of vodka
1/2 ounce of raspberry schnapps
1/2 ounce Midori melon Liquor
1 splash lime juice
1 splash of grenadine syrup
fill with sweet and sour mix
fill with seltzer water

In a tall glass with ice, pour vodka, midori, raspberry schnapps. Then add a splash of lime and fill 2/3 with the sour mix and the rest with the seltzer water. Stir and then top with a splash of grenadine.

One of the things I like to do during the day while I'm putting the finishing touches on my props outside is to have some wine. Around that time the liquor stores supply a wine from transylvania. I get a few bottles and sip all day. Makes for enjoyable day and less stress while I perfecting my haunt.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts