Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this site while surfing the 'net this morning. There are some great patterns for Halloween, witches, mythical creatures, and more. Even if you don't sew, the photos make for good inspiration if you're into the folk art style.

http://frowningfrancisfolkart.com/index.html

·
Muddled Moderator
28,261 Posts
I like the Steampunk animals. :) There are some neat Halloween patterns there too.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol: Roxy, you know I can't sew a lick, but those steampunk varmits are so cute! I think I am going to order the crow pattern. Surely I will be able to hot glue the pieces together?!:p

·
Super Moderator
64,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're going to do that, Pumpkin, use a glue designed for fabics that will give you a permanent bond.

That steampunk crow is pretty cool:)

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: Okay, I just ordered it, and it will be emailed to me. How quick and clever!:)

·
Clean "cut"
27,579 Posts
I love steampunk and those are too cool. P5 be sure and post a shot of your work.

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: I just got the pattern in my inbox. How neat! I am so impatient, and I love getting something 1 hour after I ordered it, that is fantastic. I am printing the pattern now. I may have to enlist my sister if it looks too complicated because I cannot sew at all. I will go to Walmart in the morning and buy the fabric. I may try making this thing completely by hot glue and see how that works for me. I will let you know. This prop is going to be perfect because it is a crow but could pass for a Raven and that is really popular right now. The directions look really thorough. I think I am going to love this. All the sewers out there, you would love this one! Thanks Roxy!:D

·
Super Moderator
64,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like there is some fabric painting involved in doing these dolls, so you get to use those skills as well:)

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: He is so adorable! I may end up with a whole flock of these crows....

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,853 Posts
Pumpkin, sewing isnt that hard at all. The most difficult thing is learning how to control the sewing speed with the foot or leg pedal. And that can be mastered in a short while by sewing rags together. YAY! For learning new things!

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: Debbie, I am not kidding, I have tried!:( I even took a sewing class and the teacher had to finish my skirt because I kept breaking needles and getting the bobbin thread matted and the class was over and I only had one seam sewn. It was humiliating because I was trying so hard. It was like I was trying to do something in a mirror and every move I made was reversed or jumbled up. While my mother was alive, she was a sewing phenom and two of my sisters are equally that good. The other three of us just didn't get that gene. I may see if I can find a second hand sewing machine and try again now that I am older and a little more patient. Good news though, my older sister is going to sew up a few crows for me so I won't end up having to glue it all together. I will post pictures...I have a couple of cute ideas for these guys!:D

·
Batty Beautiful
5,646 Posts
I love the steampunk doll!

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: The Crows are coming along....I am going to try to paint them this weekend....what do you think? And no....I didn't sew them, my wonderfully talented sisters did....Hooray for talented people related to me!!!

·
Clean "cut"
27,579 Posts
Good start. Can't wait to see how you "punk" them

·
8,670 Posts
:jol: I am so excited! I got lots of charms and watch parts to steampunk'em out! Mine won't probably be EXACTLY like the one pictured, but I am going to try to make it a little more edgy, in a Halloween way. We'll see how they turn out....I will post pictures, I promise!:D

·
Super Moderator
64,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking forward to seeing these guys all decked out:)

·
Panic time is here!
3,841 Posts
I am not much of an arts and crafts person...I do some small project, then I look at it and say, 'now what?'. Then there is a mess to clean up.

HOWEVER, when I see stuff like this, it makes me want to do crafts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts