Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thing 1 came home from our very progressive 1st grade asking me about Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, about which I knew very little. He was intrigued but confused so we researched them online and the boy was nuts to make a dreidel, so we did. He and Thing 2 cleaned me out the next night...I may have been hustled.

And although mashup concepts sort of leave me cold, I couldn't shake the notion of a Halloween dreidel. I searched the internet but couldn't find evidence that this had been done before, so naturally I had to make a prototype! So may I present the (probably) first of its kind, the Halloween Dreidel. The first of many millions I am sure. :rolleyekin: I sincerely hope this isn't offensive or sacrilege or something.

The faces are a skull, a JOL, a witch, and a ghost-y scarecrow face thing.

In case you wonder, it is polymer clay and paint. Sandpaper and an exacto were sufficient tools. It spins - rather fast and well, I think. I can think of sooo many other ways to do this already, and surely some of you can also. Had I been using my noggin, it'd have a witch's hat.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I love them! Now make a quick silicone mold and pour up enough for all of us!

·
Muddled Moderator
28,211 Posts
An item for two holidays. I love it!

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
What a delightful little creation! I love the faces:)

·
In Remembrance
608 Posts
Very nice. Love the faces on each of the sides. I've come up with a few nightmare before Hanukah ideas, but have never put them together. I've been wanting to build a giant menorah using buckys standing side by side as the candles and replace the tops of their heads with those faux flames.

This year I had a local temple ask if I'd consider building a "non-halloween" prop for them for their Hanukah party. They want a wheel-of-fortune wheel with a large dreidel in the center of it for the kids to spin and win prizes. It's not made out of clay like the dreidel song goes, but rather carved from foam board. So here is a pic of the 5' dreidel which will be spinning on a wiper motor in the center of their wheel-of-fortune wheel.

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Honkin' big. Would love to see the finished piece!

Thanks everybody. I have others in mind already, like a Universal monsters one, a Cthulhoid one, and a simple pumpkin one with the Hebrew characters carved out of the sides...

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
LOL!
I admire your sense of humor Rahnefan! That's great. Nice job. It's got to be a first. You better patent that thing promptly!

·
She looks so normal
21,275 Posts
I love your dreidel. I love seeing what new things you come up with. You are always thinking outside of the box.

·
Registered
275 Posts
HMMM I can see the headline now...
"Three Children Seriosly Injured in Dreidel Mishap"
A withness on the scene was quoted as saying "Oy vey!

Hey, How about a dreidel piniata!
Cover it in mirrors, it can be a disco dreidel.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Getting the cone of that thing smooth must have been a bear. It is quite good. How did you keep it so proportionate?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts