Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you have Halloween inflatables? If so, have you had any issues with them?

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm asking because Gemmy has some horse drawn hearse inflatables for 2007.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I use inflatables.

It's my little secret. Nobody on this board knows it. But I do.

I've never had problems with any of them. Most of them are 'cute'. If you don't do cute, then don't get inflatables.

I have several I don't use in my yard anymore, so I put them up in the neighbor's yards. They are easy to put up and the street looks better when more houses are decorated. Just 8 stakes per unit, you can go from the box to inflated state in under 10 minutes.

I KNOW I will get crap from you guys, but I really like them. They are super easy, and I have had no issues with them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I confess, I have one inflatable. It's more of a teaser than anything. Since I don't put any props out until 10/31, I need something sacrificial to let people know Halloween is coming, that's where the inflatable comes in. If somebody wants to vandalize it, I'll be a bit upset, but better the inflatable than a good prop. On 10/30 it comes down. Too cutesy for my real haunt.
As for problems, my only gripe is that dang thing blows over too easy. Even with stakes, it seems that moderate winds punish it.

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I use inflatables.

I've never had problems with any of them. Most of them are 'cute'. If you don't do cute, then don't get inflatables.

I have several I don't use in my yard anymore, so I put them up in the neighbor's yards. They are easy to put up and the street looks better when more houses are decorated. Just 8 stakes per unit, you can go from the box to inflated state in under 10 minutes.

I KNOW I will get crap from you guys, but I really like them. They are super easy, and I have had no issues with them.
Don't worry Slime-ster. Your secret is safe with me. Nobody on the board will know about your inflatable. ;)

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a section of yard that I do not decorate because it is out of view. I was thinking the blowup would be nice over there and it would be the first thing people would see of my haunt other than the strobe lights and screaming....

I didn't think this one was too cutesy and it's the only way I'm going to have a horse drawn hearse because it won't take up too much storage space (in comparison).

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a few inflatables, a giant spider, a small skull and a big tent shaped like a cat with thunder and lightning. I incorporate them into my layout so they dont look out of place, plus none of them are "cute." There nice n easy to set up and take down, the only problem is the tent likes to sway around when its windy, but I've never had any serious issues.

PS, I was lookin at that hearse too, but I cant really work it into an Egyptian theme

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been thinking of getting the haunted house for the littler tot's. I've had too many scared and I'd like to do something that the wee ones could enjoy.

But... I've read a few reviews on it, that say the fans just don't quite have the pressure to inflate it properly. For $350, I don't want to have to buy more/stronger blowers!

So, I'm still thinkin' on it!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I got one for xmas from a friend of mine its the ghost one i think they are in a circle don't remember ..
I will use it this yr in the front yard and jack can guard it then .

but we do have 2 for xmas and never had any probs with them.

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
I like that Hearse one.
There is no shame in inflatables.
You like what you like. No need to apologize for your taste.

What I don't like about them is the way they look in the yard when they aren't inflated.

I have seen the haunted house walk-through one. I think the kids would go nuts for that.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
I use inflatables.

I thought I knew you. ***(walks away shaking head)***.:p

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
I have seen a nice grim reaper that would make a great entry guardian, just not sure its the way I want to go with my decorations.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have a pumpkin with a witch hat that we don't use outside anymore but it's great for the campground I go to. I've seen a spider that moves every 20 seconds and it's pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
:eek: I'm sooo disappointed in all you especially you Slimy :zombie: INFLATABLES oiy!! lol JK guys hehe.... :D I personally dont like inflatables but the horse drawn hearse one is not as bad as the rest of em. There just way too cute for me lol.... Try it out Haunti and let us know how it turns out... :D

1 - 20 of 79 Posts