Haunt Forum banner

Halloween Nightmares

5K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  Nightmare-Dude 
#1 ·
How many of you wake up in a cold sweat after a horrible nightmare about your haunt going wrong or falling apart and realize "oh, thank God it was only a dream".
I do that all the time, even now and it's only the Spring!
Last night I dreamed that the people who run the haunt that we have an exhibit in decided to make the hours from 4pm to 8pm instead of the usual 7pm to 11pm, which meant that it was completely light out during the whole thing!
And to make matters worse, in the nightmare for whatever reason we didn't build anything at all and it was about two hours until showtime.
It was such a scary nightmare hahahah, but obviously I woke up and realized it wasn't real.

How about you guys?
Do you have nightmares like that ever?

#2 ·
oh yeah! I have dreams where i forget all about halloween and tots are coming up the walk and i have no props out! I'm in a panic and raceing to get props out as tots are coming to get their candy.

Also, i have dreams where it rains and i can't set up my props. so even though the first is impossible to happen, the second dream is very real and possible. thankfully it hasn't happened yet. but rain is always something i worry about when it comes to my haunt.

#6 ·
I used to have a reoccurring dream for years that it was Halloween and tot's were showing up and I didn't have any candy. Then, two years ago, we ran out of candy any my husband ran to the store and bought several more bags of candy. After that, I never had that dream again. I guess it has finally sunk into my subconscious that Walgreens is just five minutes away. Pleasant Dreams!

#8 ·
I always buy tonnes of candy... but I will have nightmares of running out. In fact, about 1 month ago I did, I actually woke with tears in my eyes.. It was horrible. Now I am pregant and I am having really weird vivid dreams about anything and everything but the halloween ones are really getting to me. I have nightmared that things are not set up, Im not in costume, I have no scareactors etc... YIKES!

#12 ·
Halloween Nightmare

Maybe I have been working on props too much.....naw that can't happen.
I have had a similar nightmare twice in the last week.... It is Halloween night, trick or treaters are starting to show up and NONE of my props are out..... I am madly scrambling to get something set up.....then I wake up in a cold sweat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.