Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, lets keep this thread alive with "spottings" of Halloween "stuff" on the shelves in stores.

Im so excited, I was in Michaels today and they were setting up the shelving for their Halloween assortment. All of their Lemax and Halloween decor was ready to be put out. The manager said it comes in tomrrow. So I gotta get back there by the end of the week, I just have to!!!

Michaels also have all their fall display stuff out now too!!!

My mom picked me up some really cute stretchy Halloween figures yesterday from Sobeys too...

Its on its way out,,,, the countdown is officially beginning.

·
Registered
97 Posts
One of my favorite places to shop is the Fright Factory at the Value Villages around Vancouver. My neighborhood store knows me as Mr.Halloween hehehe - I bought some very cool weapons there last year - Two Handed Long Sword, , a Wizard's Staff, and a couple of daggers!

Wizard Staff

Dwarven War Hammer

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
While I was at the Dollar Tree the other day the manager said they are gearing up for Halloween (Yay) and Christmas (Ugh) in the next couple/few weeks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I work for a catalog company and we had our Halloween catalog online up on June 15. I ordered a clock from my work and have been able to see a lot of the products to record audio for the web. I was working on the stuff in May and was getting all geared up for Halloween shopping. I'll have to check out Michaels this weekend.

A couple weeks ago I looked for Spirit stores opening in the area and it listed a bunch coming soon...now I can't search for them :(

Hee hee, Spirit is listed on monster.com
http://jobsearch.monster.com/jobsearch.asp?co=xspirithalx

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Name of company??? if you don't mind Mrs. M. I do a good bit of online shopping and would love to know I have more outlets.

So far I have ordered from Lilian Vernon, Collections etc, ABC distributing, and Lakeside.

·
Registered
149 Posts
TearyThunder said:
Name of company??? if you don't mind Mrs. M. I do a good bit of online shopping and would love to know I have more outlets.

So far I have ordered from Lilian Vernon, Collections etc, ABC distributing, and Lakeside.
Interesting you named abc Distributing and Lakeside, my company runs those. We also have LTD Commodities, but abc and Lakeside sell the same things. I work on the websites for LTD and abc. LTD is more B2B, but like I said you'll find the same things on abc and Lakeside.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Darn I was hoping to add a new one to my list. I did notice ABC and Lakeside had some of the same things. I figured they were sister companies or had the same suppliers. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
A friend of mine is the manager of the new Walgreens they opened around the corner from my house. He told me that Halloween stuff will be out around the beginning of August!!!!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is so exciting, especially about the Spirit Stores. I did not know about them, gotta add them to my US shopping list, I see there will be one in Buffalo, not too far from me. Yippee!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Well, I'm heading out to Staples in a little while to get some PC speakers for the skeleton security guard I'm building, so I'll also stop by Michael's and have a look to see if they have anything out yet. Usually, the craft and party stores in my area tend to lag behind the rest of the country by a good 2 - 4 weeks. Wish me luck!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Zombie-F said:
I'll also stop by Michael's and have a look to see if they have anything out yet.
Putting the fall stock out varies by Michaels location but Jack Reaper said that the halloween stuff should be out on display today in the store his wife works at. I was at Michaels over the weekend and they just had the fall plants, crows and owls out.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Hobby Lobby didn't have halloween stuff out yet either. They had some Thanksgiving things though? I don't understand why they skip halloween.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I went to the Michaels in another city yesterday. I dont have one in my city but am surrounded by 3 within 1/2 hour of eachother, Its great! anyway, everything set up but no product on the shelves yet. Mind you , I snuck a peek at their set up binder and didnt see anything to get excited about - except for LEMAX stuff, but thats a given for me. I hope the product line is better than what was in the binder....

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Hellrazor - it probably won't be. They've gone cutesy with their product line.

I already have my 2006 lemax stuff so I won't be getting anymore of it. The only thing I need more of is the black plastic creepy garland that they carry. I haven't fount it anywhere else and it looks great hanging from my cemetary archway entrance.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You already have the whole 2006 line???? that must have been crazy expensive!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Hellrazor said:
You already have the whole 2006 line???? that must have been crazy expensive!
Gosh no! I got the Gothic Ruins and the Grimm Hotel. I only get a building or two a year because I'm running out of space.

I also got some crypt figures for my cemetary.

1 - 20 of 237 Posts