Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Halloweenforum has been down for a few days. My blog was also down but I noticed today that it came back up but was missing pages.

·
Administrator
10,702 Posts
LOL DT!!! We've all been BANNED!!! J/K
I know several people have emailed Larry about it already.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe larry lost is job and had to close everything down. LOL. My blog is down again. Holly cow! Something bad happend.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,770 Posts
Maybe Larry is updating/upgrading the forum like Z just did even though I didn't see any indication posted on that forum lately. I joined a long time ago but didn't keep up with it. I do see many of the names that posted there starting to post here.

·
Administrator
10,702 Posts
I think DT is right and something crashed. Larry is good about posting upgrade times.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yea that could be. It is hard to imagine that he would do it the same time though. I look at the information for Halloweenforum.com and the reg is set for Jan of 2007. So that isn't the problem. The name is reg to registerfly.com and they are working right now. But none of larrys site are working as of right now. And I mean none.

Normally when Halloweenforum is down, the blogs are still up. But I am not sure if all his domains use different servers. So I am only guessing.

·
Administrator
10,702 Posts
I can't keep up DT. You keep editing your posts LOL!

I was going to suggest that all of the domains might be on one server.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry Hauntikholik. yea, I know that I can do that with mine. I am still waiting for two of my domains to transfer so they are not up yet. Maybe he did the same.

·
Administrator
10,702 Posts
If that's true then he really messed up and he's having a terrible day!

When I was logged on yesterday morning the forum had a hiccup and everyone was booted out. I logged back in and I was the only registered user of 3 users that were on the site. I've only seen that happen once last October when there were around 100 people hitting the site.

Crash! Data Loss! No Workaround! Immediate attention required! Help me! LOL!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
grapegrl said:
Hmmm...curious. I hope the blog site at least comes back up. Guess I need to start looking for somewhere else to host my blog.
LiveJournal or MySpace are good places to blog.

I noticed his sites were down last night when none of his banners were loading here on my site. I hope he gets it fixed with minimal data loss. It'd be a shame to lose all those posts and user data.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blogger has a nice free blog. I just started using it for my Christmas blog. I also have a Halloween one there but have not used it since blogcrypt. But I know of a lot of Halloween types that use blogger. You could check it out here.

http://www.blogger.com/

·
Registered
149 Posts
I noticed the site down last night, damn work has kept me away.

I was Firefox and it says Server Not Found, so it's definitely that.

Anyone here write Larry and get a response?

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't write to larry but I bet his email server is part of the same package. I bet the whole thing is down.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,

It is me (Larry). Most sites are on one server. Some are on others. The main server's operating system took a dump and crashed. A new server is being built now...then I need to migrate the info over.

IT SUCKS! I hope that things will be up within 24-48 hours (or less I hope).

I can be reached at larry AT fullmoon.org if needed or PM me here.

I believe that there will not be any data loss (can't be sure yet). For the techies....Bad OS errors, then fsck was run> then would not boot. So there is a good chance that the data is still there.

Thanks for your support. I will be back soon!

BTW: Great job on getting hauntforum.com!

Larry/Maximoto

1 - 20 of 34 Posts