Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, folks, you're thinking, what the heck can top Krough:
This ain't it! But were gonna take a run at 3rd place!!!!
Its the classic: No Vacancy tombstone.

I bought a 4x8 sheet of 2" Styrofoam for $25. (Prorate out: approx $5.)
1 quart of gray paint, with plenty left over $6
Paint brushes: $2
9/64 Drill Bit: $3
1 35 ct string of white Christmas lights $2
1 small 12" piece of 1/2 pvc pipe (rebar holder) $1
1 piece 3/8 x 2' rebar $1
Total: $20

Regrets: not buying a larger string of Christmas lights to make the "Vacancy" glow more in the dark.
To make: Cut out desired shape. We then used a woodburning tool to make the No Vacancy letters and designs. Paint the pipe gray, and glue it to the back of the tombstone. You will drive the rebar in the ground and the tombstone will then slide over the rebar to hold it upright. Paint, and then drill out holes for Christmas lights, and insert accordingly. Be sure to put the blinker light in! Simple, most people can do this, I took this as an opportunity to show what can be done with "very ordinary" items. Any questions feel free to ask. I'd like to say how much fun this contest has been, and I like to do it again.
Thanks Rick

·
Registered
894 Posts
$20 Prop Challenge

Or Just make the whole Tomb Stone out of cheese then it would be the best of both worlds....:D Looks good though. Im still working on my entry should post it in about a week. Later all BobC :jol:

·
Ghost Maker
2,962 Posts
krough said:
You are giving me ideas Halloweenrick
Anyone ever make a vacancy sign on a tombstone with El wire?
http://www.vibelights.com/eznewi.html

I might have to try this.
I agree, your tombstone definitely gets some ideas going. Maybe carving the letters out and using some indirect LED flicker to make it look like there is fire inside. Great idea Halloweenrick

·
Registered
429 Posts
Merlin (The Quiet One) said:
Nice job! So now you can enjoy your wine while we procrastinators scramble to finish our entries........ Merlin (TQO)
Hmm, I must be doing this wrong...I've been enjoying the wine as I work on my entry. Maybe that's why it still isn't finished! :D

Nice work on that tombstone Halloweenrick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.