Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a deck with a halogen light - next year I'd like to add the back deck to the mix of TOT night and maybe have a colored light out there, or a strobe or something for effect. Does anyone know if I can buy a gel colored film or anything to put on top of the glass so the light will cover the deck in a green/red/orange light, or will it get too hot and be a fire hazard? We have TOT out front and leave that light on, but I'd like to have a little more out back. Any ideas are appreciated thanks :jol:

·
In Remembrance
7,646 Posts
johnnythunder said:
Is there any way I can just put something over the glass part of the fixture?
You were right the first time. Halogen lamps can be very hot depending on the type of bulb, and could be a fire hazard, and who needs that.
FE's suggestion would be the way to go and could be as simple as a bulb on the end of an extension cord, (use a medium to heavy cord that is rated for out door use) Last year after x-mas I bought a set of flood lites that are mounted on lawn spikes and are used to light the front of houses. Flood light bulbs come in colors (red, green, blue ) and would give you a good wash of light over a large area. The set was half off as were the bulbs. This goes to show you have to think about halloween year round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts