Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
well for some (like me :devil:) It is a holy day. so that makes it a Holiday for me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Happy 4th (tomorrow)! I saw fireworks on Saturday will probably watch Chicago's big show on TV (not bothering to fight with those crowds tonight).

Halloween is a holiday that is frowned upon. In my opinion it's no different than any other holiday. Hell it's the most important holiday for me and most people here. I go to work to dress up there, but leave early and they all know why.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It is one of mine! Especially now that I have a son heading to Iraq in August. For the SECOND time! :(

We had our town's fireworks tonight, they rocked! Now I'm off to bed, gotta 10 hour shift starting at 0700. Sucks to have to work. And sucks to have to work on ANY Holiday, but such is my life.
Bwahahahaha!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
:D Happy birthday America!:cool:

230 years old, and still the greatest country on the planet.

Everybody have a happy and safe fourth, and for godsake, don't blow your hands off with a firecracker.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
RAXL said:
:D Happy birthday America!:cool:

230 years old, and still the greatest country on the planet.

Everybody have a happy and safe fourth, and for godsake, don't blow your hands off with a firecracker.:rolleyes:
Happy 4th of July everyone from the Greatest County on the Planet to another!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Happy Fourth everyone. I just got back from the famous Round Pond Parade (the most irreverent one in the state). Anyone with anything to say, just joins in. Best ones this year (besides the Tacky Tourists and their Lawn Chair Brigade), was the one truck pulling a lobster boat bound for "Brokeback Harbor," with 4 gorgeous lobstermen in foul weather gear and nothing else, with such signs as "A HARD sternman is good to find," "Wanted: Master Baiter, no experience necessary," and "If the Bait Shack is rockin', Don't come a knockin, etc.'" And the ones of Dick Cheney the duck hunter, with the two dead lawyers in the grass, and the Big Brother is watching, with a fake satellite dish, telephone operators eavesdropping, and cameras recording everything.
Anyway, you get the idea. :cool:

On a side note, some people from my lighthouse group were there, and in the course of conversation my husband mentioned something about me being on halloween sites looking up stuff, and I said, yeah, that's my second love. The fellow I was talking with asked if I live on such and such a road, and is that my halloween display? I said yea, guilty as charged, and he said he'd stoppend and taken many pictures, and hadn't a clue it was my place. When his wife came back with some snacks, he couldn't wait to tell her I'm the one with the roadside display. So you see, you can even have Halloween on the Fourth. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts