Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turkeys try to catch train out of N.J.
20 minutes ago

Some wild turkeys, it appears, were trying to get out of New Jersey before Thanksgiving Day. A spokesman for the NJ Transit said train officials reported a dozen or so wild turkeys waiting on a station platform in Ramsey, about 20 miles northwest of New York City, on Wednesday afternoon. The line travels to Suffern, N.Y.

"For a moment, it looked like the turkeys were waiting for the next outbound train," said Dan Stessel, a spokesman for NJ Transit. "Clearly, they're trying to catch a train and escape their fate."

Transit workers followed the bird's movements on surveillance cameras. "I have no idea how they got there," Stessel said.

A Ramsey police dispatcher said the department had received three calls about the traveling turkeys who also were blamed for causing morning rush hour traffic problems on a roadway.

"From time to time, I've heard calls that there are turkeys on the loose," said Erik Endress, president of the Ramsey Rescue Squad, a volunteer group. "Maybe they're trying to make a break."

:D :D :D

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man eats 4.8 pounds of turkey in 12 min.

Wed Nov 22, 3:09 PM ET

There won't be any turkey for Patrick Bertoletti on Thanksgiving - he got his fill the day before. Bertoletti, a 21-year-old culinary student from Chicago, won the annual turkey-eating contest at Artie's Deli on Wednesday, eating 4.8 pounds of the holiday bird - a full pound more than the second-place finisher.

The eight contestants in the competition had 12 minutes to eat as much of a 12-pound turkey as they could manage. And their handling of the birds wouldn't have won them any etiquette medals.

The defending turkey-eating champion, Sonya Thomas, known as the "Black Widow," got her mouth too full of turkey to swallow as the contest moved into the homestretch. She was disqualified.

Bertoletti's winning strategy had him starting his attack on the turkey breast. "It's white meat and harder to eat. You want to get it out of the way first," he said.

Bertoletti, who weighs 190 pounds, has won eating contests ranging from pizza to ice cream. But he said turkey was much harder, with all that chewing.

"My jaws are pretty tired," he said after winning the contest. But his appetite hadn't been sated. He and his friends were looking around for a spot to get some pizza before flying home.

By the way, he was planning to serve venison for Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Feast upon the carcass until you EXPLODE! Gee, when I put it that way, it doesn't sound so appetizing. Happy turkey day.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Happy Turkey Day to all, have a great day

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Happy Bird Day!!!!!! I hope everyone enjoys eating and drinking today!!!! Hubby is hunting today and I am preparing the feast and drinking some mullied wine. When he gets home, he will deep fry the bird and then pig-out time. We nap and then do all over again.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Had my Turkey Day late last night. I have to work today :sick: but I will still pig out on left overs. You guys have a good'un and keep it safe.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
A very Happy Thanksgiving day to all of you.

JT, the story on NJ turkeys made me laugh. There's actually a flock of them living here in our neighborhood.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!
Wow even the Turkeys are trying to get out of Nj

·
Registered
765 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all, Bodybagged is out of state visiting family and I decided to stay home and do what I enjoy on my day off.... I finished 3 sculpts, molded them and am currently running latex thru them to rid them off any left over clingy clay, me thinks this is the best Thanksgiving ever!!!!!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Happy Turkey Day friends, I am so much to be thanksful for this year. I count my blessings to have you all as friends. Thanks. Enjoy the day. :devil:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts