Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I did. Only photos though, since I really wasn't going to enter them at first, but then decided what the heck..go with it..lol next years entry will be bigger and better...especially after I see what everyone else did on the videos.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I did! This is my first year entering into the DVD. I can't wait for them to arrive! I love looking at everyone else's displays.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hella said:
I did. Only photos though, since I really wasn't going to enter them at first, but then decided what the heck..go with it..lol next years entry will be bigger and better...especially after I see what everyone else did on the videos.
Same here, just pics.
I just ordered my set of dvds the other day and I can't wait till they get here! Watching these will be an all day event :)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Blackwidow said:
Same here, just pics.
I just ordered my set of dvds the other day and I can't wait till they get here! Watching these will be an all day event :)
All day!?! With 8 Discs worth of stuff, I imagine it'll be more than an all-day event for me. I'll probably stretch it out over a week, watching about one disc each evening after work. Ok, maybe two discs an evening.

I was going to opt out of the contests, but I decided "what the hell, why not?"

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I ordered a set for the first time last year and really enjoyed them. I'm not planning on entering a video, or ordering it this year, due to the continuing BS over the Haunt X Expo taking it over to advertise on it. The whole Golden Bucky advertising bit just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't want any part of it. Because of all the nonsense, now you have to choose between the subsidized commercial DVDs, or the few dollars more expensive ones without the ads. That's supposed to quell the controversy, but it doesn't take into account that it's amateurs paying for previous years DVDs that bought Propmaster the equipment to make them in the first place. The Haunt X/ Golden bucky (let's make a buck off of something that is a hobby to most of us faction) never retroactively payed into that previous investment, so I don't want to be a part of helping someone make a buck off of something that most people do for love.
Damn, this soap box is tall. lol. Climbing down now.

14,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You bring up a really good point.
I was real peeved too. I've been talking to some other folks and I may be doing the DVD's, sponsor free, next year.
I think I've got a deal worked out for replicating ( just like the ones you by in a store ). You can fit twice as much on one disc, so the cost goes down even lower.
We'll see how things go.

Jeff

1 - 18 of 18 Posts