Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about Haunt Names and thought about a theme and name based on a mad doctor. Now alot of people seem to use the word "Manor" in there haunts title so I thought to myself wouldent "Bedside Manor" work for a mad Doctor theme?..lol :jol: not sure if its been used or not but if not thought I would put it out there for those people that have a hard time with themes and names. Later all :jol:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ish it looks like your the only one that thinks so..lol :jol:
If anyone else has any ideas they will never use throw them under this title to help others out. Later all :jol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I like it. :D

I'm still struggling to come up with a name for my own haunt, so any ideas are welcome. My major problem is that there's a professional haunt here using a name way too similar to the one I wanted to use. :( And my street? It's just a numbered street. Bah.

·
Hairy Scary
2,611 Posts
Tipo, Is there a nearby geographical point you could use?(mt,hill,creek,park)
A name of your nieghborhood,(Green Acres,Hunters Point,Valley View)
Take that and use it for the base idea.
I almost used my heritage too,(Lost Scotsman Mine)
What about your screen name?
Demon Hill Cemetary,Demon Valley Mortuary,Demon Tree Manor?
Isnt there a place called "Memory Park" in Salt Lake
If you are near there you could call it "Bad Memory Park"
There is a place in So.Utah called "Dark Canyon"
A place called "Skull Valley" West of Tooele.
Just some random thoughts for you,it also helps to have a BIG map ,like I do...

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also thought about using my street name but cant think of anything for
Bordentown Avenue And other then the Jersey Devil I know of nothing spooky about NJ. lol I could go with Borden as in Lizzy but I think thats kind of Corny. Anyways talk to you all later :jol:

·
Registered
797 Posts
My neighborhood is called Harrisville Hollow, and of course I was gonna use that to my advantage, because hey, perfect! But there's already a pro haunt right down the street called Haunted Hollow. :p How evil of them, eh?

I really like that Demon Hill Cemetery idea. I'm thinking of going with a cemetery/mortuary theme for my haunt on a regular basis.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I posted this on the other "haunt names" thread, but no one has answered.

~~>I have 3 options, I'm on the corner of Lehigh Terrace and Harvard Street. I've tossed around Lehigh Terror and Horror on Harvard for names, having decided against McBurney Manor because I do a backyard haunt not a haunted house. But I also hesitate with the street names in the chance that we move and am usually changing themes so can't base it on that.

I would truly love to have a name to put up on a big archway. This has been a dilemma for 5 years now. I really enjoy creative, wordplay kinds of names. Especially double entendres, the kind that could scare the kids but give the adults a chuckle even.<~~

So excuse my double post, but I'd love to hear some feedback. Also, I am addicted to skeletons, I love my Buckies! And also have a bunch of Bluckies and other kinds. But since I also use other things like witches, vampires, spiders/webs, a graveyard and etc., I can't think of a good skeleton name that wouldn't be cheesy. I love the clever kind. My stuff isn't all that scary (YET! ;) ) but I'm getting there, so I hate to have a name that suggests something more than I offer, either.
Help! :(

·
Hairy Scary
2,611 Posts
IshWitch,
Your in Florida, so maybe "Black Lagoon" or "Devil's Bayou" or "Bloody Creek"
Add some cattails to the edge of your cemetary to represent water.
A rundown shack that hangs over the fake water can be your Witch's house.
Can the skellies hang from trees? The remains of unlucky travelers. Maybe the skellies are her undead servents.The Vampire...hmmm maybe its just her boyfriend. Just a few random thoughts for you

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Hey Ish~ Terror of Lehigh Terrace ? would that work?

BobC~ I love your name "Bedside Manor" to go with a mad Doctor Theme! :>

Tipo~ Terror in Harrisville?

Just thought I'd give it a try, hope it helps get the ball rolling! :>

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was trying to think of something for you Ish. Im trying to think of something for Lehigh and came up with Le eye or Knee High which can be Knee High in something or whatever. Can stick with something Traditional like "Ghosts of Harvard St" or Harvard St Horror. I'll think about it more but just take your street names and try to fit it in with other words and stuff you will come up with something. What town you live in can also play a roll in your name. Later all :jol:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks "y'all" heheheh!

The first year we moved here, I thought of Lehigh Terror and Horror on Harvard and since I like them both I couldn't decide and just gave up on picking one. LOL
I have also thought of making a sign for each and swapping it each year just so I could use them both. ;)

Our old house would have made a good place for those names Wyatt! We had a channel behind the house and a lake across the street. But we're high and dry here, in the "highlands" and I don't miss the gators and cottonmouths one bit! If ya know what I mean! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts