Haunt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I've thought about it a little. It'd be good to have some decent nighttime footage that isn't so super-dark, but I don't know where to get it. I'd probably be more interested in renting than buying, unless (of course) the price was right.

·
DeceptiProp
5,322 Posts
Frighteners Entertainment said:
Right now DT, I'm looking for discussion.

Thanks,
Jeff
Oh, I thought you were going explain a few things about DVR. My Bag.

I guess renting wouldn't be bad, but I perfer to own it. But I certainly don't want to have somone else do it for me either. The closest thing I have to DVR is hooking up the camcord thru the firewire to put it on the hard drive. Which I have had to upgrade to a 250G due to the file size needed.

14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, good, we're on our way.
As soon as we get a few more folks involved I can start answering questions.

I've been selling and installing surveillance systems for 8-9 months and think I've got it figured out for us ( The Home Haunters ).

Jeff

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Yes, we're working on it. Yeah, I know, Vlad is working on electronic stuff !, no way, lol. For X-mas, I got Black Cat the IR system she's been wanting. So far it's just two night vision cameras and a monitor, but it can be hooked into a DVD recording unit, so I assume that's what we're talking about. I had planned on filming the haunt this way this year. Daughter + college = no funds for real camera. The night vision cameras seem to have a decent range of 15'-20' at night, and daylight, or good light, much farther than that.

14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great! And yes Vlad, that is what we're talking about.

I've got camera's that go 120' at night ,a little bit expensive, though you can get some real decent one at a reasonable price.

You can hook your camera's up to your pc, with an installed capture card Vlad.

Jeff

·
DeceptiProp
5,322 Posts
Somone on the Christmas site was able to get surveillance cameras for 30 bucks a piece. But, he didn't know so many people were going to buy from him so he freaked out at the last second and with drew his offer. I saw it on his website, they were not bad for 30 bucks.

14,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DeathTouch said:
Somone on the Christmas site was able to get surveillance cameras for 30 bucks a piece. But, he didn't know so many people were going to buy from him so he freaked out at the last second and with drew his offer. I saw it on his website, they were not bad for 30 bucks.
DT, do you have a make and model of these units? Sounds real cheap to me???

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts