Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This year my backyard haunt will include the bedroom of a young girl who decapitated her mother. Many of you are familiar with my prop called "Casey" from 2008 . Her bedroom will contain many haunted items. This haunted bookshelf will be showcased in the bedroom. It is 2 dolls playing ball. The ball appears to mysteriously float from one doll to the other. Since it is the mechanics of the prop we are being judged for and not the appearance you will understand I do not yet have the dolls finished and have not finished decking out the bookshelf. I hope you will enjoy it.

Haunted Bookshelf
Bookshelf $15.00
Dolls $3.00
Ball $0.50
Motor $8.00
Fishing line $0.20
4 pieces of threaded aluminum for posts $3.80
4 Nuts $0.20
Scrap molding used for rocker $1.00
PVC $0.20
Wire to mount rocker on PVC $0.10
Aluminum and plastic pieces for linkage recycled from trash $0
Book facade $0.25
Nicknacks for bookshelf will vary...approx $5.00

Total...way less than $100. Around $35.

·
Super Moderator
64,107 Posts
This is going to be a great spooky detail for the room.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,214 Posts
That's ingenious, and original. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is any one else having trouble with the video?

Thanks everyone. I feel a little better after your comments. I was afraid it was going to be kind of lame for an entry.

·
Stays Zesty in milk
4,472 Posts
Never discount simple or beautiful...especaly when it can be used for a simply beautiful creepy effect! Well done!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Excellent entry, great imagination!! Well done

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Love it and the music is creepy a perfect fit! Have you considered attaching the dolls hands to the threaded rods (if the arms move on those dolls) to look like they are lifting the ball. I minor observation but not really needed.

·
Batty Beautiful
5,633 Posts
theres nothing lame about this prop. simply beautful!

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Love it and the music is creepy a perfect fit! Have you considered attaching the dolls hands to the threaded rods (if the arms move on those dolls) to look like they are lifting the ball. I minor observation but not really needed.
HA! I mentioned that too over at the other forum, thought it was just me.
Like I said there, it looks great either way, I dont think anyone would notice the hands in dark lighting anyway. Great job!:D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts