Haunt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I've been planning for a couple of years now to do a Haunted Cafe as part of our haunted house fundraiser we do for the local Scouts. This year is the year and I've been frantically "baking" these fake goods to display. Thought I would share. Primarily made of polystyrene, spakfilla (spackle), paint, expanding foam and paper mache clay.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I started off thinking 'Wow, that looks good enough to eat!" ...but then I got to the cake with the spiders.....YEEEEEKK!

Good job!

·
Clean "cut"
27,468 Posts
These will have to be behind a barrier of some kind or people will try to eat them up, hee,hee

·
Super Moderator
64,189 Posts
We’ve been following your fake food posts on Facebook. The level of detail and the realism are impressive.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,242 Posts
I love what you’ve made for your haunted cafe. They look eerily delicious.👻😱

·
Registered
6 Posts
Those are amazing!! How did you get the icing to look so realistic? Expanding foam always looks like a blob and spackle goes flat when I try.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are amazing!! How did you get the icing to look so realistic? Expanding foam always looks like a blob and spackle goes flat when I try.
HR the "icing" is spackle mixed with paint to colour it. The ice-cream is also spackle. You have to use a lightweight spackle otherwise it doesn't hold its shape. I've had so much fun with this stuff. There are heaps of tutorials on youtube. Look up one in particular - ThePinkTree. Very easy to follow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts