Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up all, now that everything is winding down and I have some free time I am interested in buying some how-to Dvd's or Books on Haunted houses. I have seen a few that are very basic, Boring and plain out cheesey. I was wondering if anyone can recommend some that are on a more Medium or Pro level that have good stuff on them? (I only own the Terror syndicate videos) Thanks alot Talk to you all soon BobC :jol:

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Hauntworld videos are very good, but they can get a bit pricey since theres so many of them. Also Kevin Mccurdy's Secrets of the Haunted Mansion are pretty good. But these are both directed towards Haunted Attractions more than prop building and such.

There aren't a whole lot of great books that are really good other than Terror Syndicate. There is a really good one on haunted magic tricks, but I don't know if thats what your looking for.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I own the Haunted Illusions book. Being a magician for 16 years it was one of the first books on the subject I ever bought..lol Thanks for the Reply, if you or anyone can think of anything else please let me know. Thanks again BobC

·
Registered
738 Posts
mikeq91 said:
The Hauntworld videos are very good, but they can get a bit pricey since theres so many of them. Also Kevin Mccurdy's Secrets of the Haunted Mansion are pretty good. But these are both directed towards Haunted Attractions more than prop building and such.
I was thinking of getting Vol 1 of Kevin's Videos

• Scenic painting - approx. 100 walls.
  • Sound - enough to un-nerve yourself.
  • Lights - Add to taste, but not too bright.
  • Details - Too much is never enough!
  • Combine all of the above and let stand

Do you own this one?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I don't actually, however I have borrowed it from a friend and watched it. It was a few years ago, but from what I remember it was pretty good. If I'm thinking of the right one it has a good section of stone wall painting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts