Haunt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Since it's a prop type item, I stuffed this into the Prop forum and re-titled it appropriately.

From what I understand, it's a light and sound controller that you can program to play a programmed light and sound show with. I think it even has motion sensing capabilities. Not too sure on the opinions of it though. It's not really something that I'm interested in as I think it's overpriced for what it does.

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Sure do... it's called a Kit 108. It hooks up to your computer's serial port and is used to open and close a bunch of relays that could be used to turn lights on and off or trigger sound chips to play. It can even be set to be triggered by a motion sensor too.

Here's a link to an assembled unit:
http://www.electronics123.com/s.nl/sc.14/category.35/it.A/id.291/.f

Of course, you need to put a little more effort into using this and you need a computer, where with the House-in-a-box, it's ready to go out of the box and you don't need a PC to operate it.

·
Premium Member
7,080 Posts
I built a kit 108 up that was going to be used to control all the lights/sounds and the action of the creature in my crypt, but since I didn't finish the crypt, I never used the kit 108 yet.

I was going to take it a step further and use a Basic Stamp 2 to control the kit 108 instead of using a computer. But, since I never got to that point in the project, I hadn't quite worked out how the two would work together. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.