Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a last minute prop since the parts for my my original prop arrived too late.

Pharaoh's fan

Materials:
6' PVC Pipe = $1.50
Blue paint = $1 but used $0.50
Black feather fringe = $7.25
Blue ostrich feathers = $9.99
Black foam board - used 1/4 of $2.97 = $0.74
Super Sculpey - used 1/4 of $9.00 = $2.25
Gold spray paint - used 1/3 of $6.00 can = $2.00
Printed copies (cost based on copies from Staples) = $0.50
Elmer's glue = $1

Total= $25.73

I found an image online of a ostrich fan from King Tut. I printed the picture and glued it onto one piece of semi circle cut foam board. The long ostrich plumes were glued into the slits I cut into the other side.

The decoration on the fan was made with super sculpey.

·
Clean "cut"
27,007 Posts
That is Boss, it will be a great asset to your Egyptian theme, and to think you made it last minute, great work

·
Registered
736 Posts
Really lovely. All of your Egyptian pieces are so authentic looking. You'd have to touch them to realize that they're PVC and foamboard.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Wow! To think you can come up with something so detailed at the last minute is truly amazing! Especially love how you crafted the decoration! :D

·
Super Moderator
64,109 Posts
Very pretty! Now get your boys to fan you while you lounge on the couch, Haunti. You’ve earned it.

·
Headless & Haunting
4,767 Posts
Nice work Haunti - loving your Egyptian bits and pieces.

·
Muddled Moderator
28,214 Posts
Your Egyptian theme is going to rock the Halloween, Haunti.

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
Haunti your Pharaoh's fan is just beautiful! All your pieces that I have seen so far are so detailed and authentic looking that I think you could probably pull off a switcheroo in a Egyptian exhibit (um, not that I'm suggesting that ;) ). I think you are very talented and am looking forward to (hopefully) seeing pictures of your display this Halloween. :D

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:Your detail work is fantastic! What a wonderful artifact and a gorgeous prop for your Egyptian theme!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts