Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Agreed, super cool. Next year I'm going to string up some screening throughout the middle of the cemetery and raise it about 25 feet up off the ground. Then work on projecting some ghosts flying out from the ground up into the sky. Not sure how I'll do it yet, may go for a simple Disney effect and have a rotating can to create vertical flying ghosts.

Would love to see how they did that.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I wonder, how big is the pojector or how many? That would have to be one bright projector to cast clear across the street like that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tried doing a projection of upward flying ghosts onto a large screen of vis-queen last year; didn't work so well. Biggest problem was that the neighbors figured they needed their 200 watt porch lights blazing at all times, backlighting my screen and making it completely visible. That, and the wind blowing it around caused trouble.

I may just tiptoe over and unscrew the things this year.

As for the video: it looked like a single projector from the front, because of all of the activity going all over the place. But it must have been a very BRIGHT projector to cover that kind of surface area.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I read about this haunt elsewhere. It won a contest this year. If memory serves, he projected it from an upstairs bedroom in his neighbor's house across the street. He also dragged a computer over there, too. I don't remember him talking about a special projector. Not certain everything that went into it. It's a really, really cool effect. And it pays to have great neighbors.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I can't see the video from work but if this is the one with the eye and the singer pumpkins, I was able to contact him about it. It is really easy and the eye is his.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I had seen this guy a few years ago, the pumpkin addition last year was brilliant, I can't wait to find out what he did this year....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dave did a little class at the Rocky Mountain Gathering this year. Everything that is projected is him or members of his family. He had the projector in a neighbor's house until he got new neighbors and then he had it on a fence or on top of a ladder or something. I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That is very very cool.
I think it would be better for the ghosts if he had just one big black sheet above the house that they could fly around in circles on.
That's the only problem with the ghosts, thet they go onto all the surfaces.
Looks a little strange.

Either way, it's great!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thats the raddest thing I think Ive seen this entire season. That just blew my mind. That was scary - truly.

That mouth!! Dang - good stuff

·
Registered
185 Posts
OK, so you all make it seem like it is so easy. Is there a 'how-to'? I don't consider myself a knucklehead, but it seems like it would be very difficult to get all of those FX lined up properly using only one projector. I just want to do the pumpkins. That was great!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts