Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. So far, nothing has been put out around this area. It will probably be the first week of September, unless Big Lots has started putting it out. I may have to make an excursion into town the next few days to see if they have. I got a shiver of excitement last week when I saw that Wal-Mart had lined a few shelves of their Arts & Crafts Dept. with those fake Autumn leaves. When I see things like that, I know it's not too much longer before the best season of the year arrives. :jol:

·
Banned
376 Posts
That Arts & Crafts section at my WalMart always has those leaves in it as far as I can tell. But I haven't looked recently, it's just hard not to notice on your way to the Electronics & Home Entertainment. Or at my WalMart, just Electronics, because the Home Entertainment section they always pimp in those commercials is never as good as they say in my store. I always say how they never have a thing to offer.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Here's my in-depth local report...

Michael's: Spooky Town out in late July and now all their stuff is out second week in August.

Jo Ann Fabric: Still nothing yet.

iParty: Last year's leftovers out, rest of it to be out later in August.

Itzaparty: Boxes out on floor, but not unpacked yet.

Wal-Mart/Target: Nothing yet. Probably after the back to school stuff is gone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
wal-mart...of course :jol: :devil: :xbones:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
The Big Lots have a lot of stuff out, and don't forget to check the dollar stores also. Here's some of the stuff I've picked up already.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://photobucket.com/albums/v194/TerrorOnBeechwood1/Halloween purchases 2005/?sc=6
I also picked up a boatload of extra bluckys, some pre-hung spider webbing on wired 3'-4' frames, also at Big Lots.
Check out your local party city. Mine had a clearance section going. Got some of the 18"x50' scene setter skull borders for $3. I did break down and buy some fog juice there also at $14.99 a gallon. Not on sale, but they raise the price even higher when the season really starts. I need to have tons of fog to hide under, hehehe.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blackwidow said:
Nothing here in Wal Mart or Big Lots except "autumn" type stuff :(
It's a start. It's the beginning of something good coming down. After all it could be pool toys signifying the beginning of Summer instead of Autumn and All Hallows. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Big Lot's has some of their stuff out here.
Walmart- Here I haven't seen a thing! But, on the plus side pool noodles were on for 75% off. I bought a few ... they could come in handy.
The Jo-Ann's here have all gone out of business :( So if they wind up with cool things it breaks my heart.
Michael's has most of their stuff out. I just haven't been wowed by any of it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Blackdawn, I'm with you on Michael's stuff. Aside from the Spooky Town stuff, none of the things they put out ever wow me. They usually sell all the artsy, cutesy stuff that I really don't care for. I guess that's why I got into building my own in the first place.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The only store I've seen so far with anything Halloween related is Eckerd's Drug Store. Our kids have not gone back to school here yet, so Wal~mart is still in the throws of their Back To School frenzy.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
I'm in agreement about Michael's. I would love to get my hands on one of their mini foggers though. Also, everyone should remember to be checking the garden stores. They're already cleared out and ready to set up by me.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Vlad said:
I'm in agreement about Michael's. I would love to get my hands on one of their mini foggers though. Also, everyone should remember to be checking the garden stores. They're already cleared out and ready to set up by me.
Yeah, but they want like $30 for that fogger, whereas Wal-Mart sells the same one for less. At least, I think it's the same one. Pretty sure it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Here's the CT shoreline report:

Marshall's - cutesy decorations and some of last year's leftovers
Wal-Mart - NADA
Ocean State Job Lot - Nothing
Target - Last year's rejects
Kmart-Nothing
Joann Fabrics - Cutesy, artsy fartsy stuff

Most of the stores won't be putting anything out until the first week of September...

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
The fogger at Michael's isn't the same. The one at Walmart is usually a gemmy 400watt. the one Michaels carries is a gemmy 200 watt, and physically much much smaller. It may not pack much ooomph, but it can probably fit easily into a witches cauldron or most any static prop. I believe they were selling them for $24.99.

·
Banned
376 Posts
I was at my local Wal-Mart recently and they now have some Halloween-themed fabrics. I really hope this is a sign of how big Halloween will be this year. Because like I keep saying, I really want Wal-Mart to take their Halloween horror movie display seriously this year.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know the girl in the fabrics department at our towns Wal-Mart and she is an avid fan of Halloween. She had the fake Autumn leaves out in July and as soon as those fabric spools came in, Thingit, she had those out (early August, I think) :jol:

I also hope they have a serious Halloween Movie display this year. I couldn't even find last years until I made my way through the inbreds milling around the Country Music and heavily edited Rap section where I saw a sorry looking cardboard display with bare-bones DVD's that are offered every year. This is terrible when you consider that hillbillies are screaming for runnin' Christmas lights to string up around their single-wide trailer homes made somewhere in the early 70's, long before Summer even sets in. :rolleyes:

In closing, I really, really hope they put out the 25th Anniversary Divimax 2-disc Special Edition of Halloween as one of their selections instead of the $6.99 version, so I don't have to order it off Amazon.

·
Banned
376 Posts
Sinister said:
I also hope they have a serious Halloween Movie display this year. I couldn't even find last years until I made my way through the inbreds milling around the Country Music and heavily edited Rap section where I saw a sorry looking cardboard display with bare-bones DVD's that are offered every year. This is terrible when you consider that hillbillies are screaming for runnin' Christmas lights to string up around their single-wide trailer homes made somewhere in the early 70's, long before Summer even sets in. :rolleyes:

In closing, I really, really hope they put out the 25th Anniversary Divimax 2-disc Special Edition of Halloween as one of their selections instead of the $6.99 version, so I don't have to order it off Amazon.
The $6.99 version? You mean the bare bones 1997 release or the THX 1999 release with the 'Unmasked' documentary? Actually, what are you talking about, Anchor Bay releases right?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts