Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try not to put too much stock in these but since it IS the most important day of the year, I listen daily for the forecast. AS of now, they're calling for sunny and 60 for Halloween. We have to get through a few days of cold, rainy stuff but improving on Monday and supposedly better on the 31st.
Hope everyone is blessed with ideal weather!:jol:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Cloudy & 61 at the Jersey shore. But like my neighbor in south florida said. "only fools and yankees predict the weather"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
OMG, I drive myself NUTS with this every year. As of now, Accuweather says showers possible but weather.com says cloudy. This will change back and forth about 3000 times between now and Halloween, forcing me to bite my nails and get all stressed out that it will rain on the big day.

Sadly, it WILL be raining this Saturday for my party. Happens EVERY year this way. The good news is (as of now) there's no rain between Sunday and the 31st, so I should be able to set everything up a day or two early and go check out some other local haunter's setups as well as watch horror movies all day. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
ScareySuzie,
how is the tot down there? i'm up in cranford , originally from belleville. we moved about 3 years ago. we went from giving out almost 100 bags of candy down to almost none. last year we got like 3 tot's. my mom had a 3 family in belleville where i was on the first, my mother was on the 2nd, and my sister was on the 3rd floor. we would all buy like 30 bags of candy and rid of almost all of it. these people around here don't decorate at all. my mom is also down there in toms river. seems like that's where everyone is moving these days. brick, toms river, bayville. people used to ask me where's belleville. i told them it's where "uncle junior" lives.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
well, it seems to changed overnight on a daily basis, but currently weather.com says:

60 high, 40 low, partly cloudy during the day with 20% chance of precip, showers overnight, 60% chance of precip. However, event conditions rank at a 9 for tuesday, so that's nice...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I haven't bothered watching the forecast for Halloween. I'm too busy fighting all this wind that the Jersey shore area has been getting for the past week. Today it's cool and crisp and as of right now the wind is only moderate, but I know that once I get outside today to try to set up more stuff, the wind will pick up and it will be another wasted day!

·
Registered
74 Posts
In the last few days it's gone from 30% chance of showers, to 10%, and now back to 30%, always around 50-55 degrees.

Oh well, hope for the best, plan for the worst . . .

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I gotta quit watching these forecasts. We've gone from a predicted "sunny and 60" two days ago to a rain/snow mix and a high in the 40's. I know it will change again so as was mentioned, plan for the best and prepare for the worst. As much as I'd hate to, I can scale back and just do a simple set-up in the front yard, but that leaves more than half of my stuff un-usable as I really don't want to put it up (or tear it down) in the rain.:(
Oh well..thinking good thoughts here.:jol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Accuweather says 58 for a high and partly sunny. Weather.com has rain/snow showers with a high of 47. With these two examples...I don't think I'm going to check again until at least Saturday.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
TUE
OCT 31

HIGH 11°C
LOW 7°C
CONDITION Light rain
P.O.P. 100%
WIND SW 30 km/h

sniff sniff - this is from the Weather Channel. I think I will be utilizing my Garage this year...... So much to do... so little time left

Temp isnt too bad though...

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
I've been watching the weather too for my area. So far in the 60s with sun/clouds. I'll take it but it is still too far to predict and it can change over the weekend. I usually buy my Halloween candy on Sunday or Monday before Halloween because if rain is in the forecast, could mean a lot of pounds of candy not in my bowl but on parts of my body that shouldn't be there from eating it. Also, I wouldn't be setting up too much on the lawn and I would just decorate the porch with props.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
For Salinas, California:
Salinas, CA
Forecast Details
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 [ English | Metric ]

Tuesday Day
Partly sunnyHigh68°FRealFeel®:63°FView the Hour-By-Hour™ ForecastWinds:NW at 10mphWind Gusts:20 mphMax UV Index:Moderate (3)Thunderstorm
Probability:0%Amount of Precipitation:0.00inAmount of Rain:0.00inAmount of Snow:0.00inHours of Precipitation:0 HrsHours of Rain:0 HrsHours of Daylight:10.7 Hrs
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudyLow:49°FRealFeel®:44°FView the Hour-By-Hour™ ForecastWinds:S at 10mphWind Gusts:19 mphMin UV Index:N/AThunderstorm
Probability:1%Amount of
Precipitation:0.00inAmount of Rain:0.00inAmount Snow:0.00inHours of Precipitation:0 HrsHours of Rain:0 HrsHours of Dark13.3 Hrs

Now, Weather .com says:

Daily Details for
Salinas, CA (93906)

Weather for your life

See Weather Related to...Aches & PainsAir Quality & PollutionAllergies & PollenBoat & BeachCold & FluFitness & ExerciseFlights & Business TravelGolf WeatherHealthHome ImprovementInterstate Driving ForecastLawn & GardenOutdoor RecreationPetsSchoolday WeatherSki ConditionsSkin ProtectionSporting EventsVacation & Travel GuideWedding Planner

Today Thu, Oct 26 Fri, Oct 27 Sat, Oct 28 Sun, Oct 29 Mon, Oct 30 Tue, Oct 31 Wed, Nov 1 Thu, Nov 2 Fri, Nov 3
Day Night

Few Showers High
65°F

Precip
30%

Wind: SSE 10 mph
Max. Humidity: 71%
UV Index: 4 Moderate

Sunrise: 6:29 AM PT
Avg. High: 71°F
Record High: 94°F (1966)

Showers Overnight Low
48°F

Precip
40%

Wind: SSW 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 79%

Sunset: 5:11 PM PT
Avg. Low: 45°F
Record Low: 36°F (1961)

Last Updated Wednesday, Oct 25, 9:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time

See, you can never frickin tell! One says no chance AT ALL for rain, the other gives a 40% chance! Sheesh!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts