Haunt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for anyone who is interested...

I was riding by our local funeral home yesterday and noticed that they are retiring one of the hearses in their fleet. It appears to be an Oldsmobile (70s model) and is powder blue (yech!). If anyone is interested, I can probably go by and snap some pics and post them.

If you want more information, PM me and I'll give you the name and number of the funeral home.

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I am going down to Ironstock with the hearse club. I wish I had one. But knowing that dead people were once in the back would freak my wife out.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the risk of derailing my own thread...

DT's comment about his wife reminded me of a funny little story about my dad. He has always worked in local law enforcement in one capacity or another, so he was often called to the scene whenever something happened in our very small town. He's on the scene of a call where a body was being removed from a home when the mortician (actually one of the guys who runs the funeral home that's selling the hearse in my original post) shows up with the hearse to transport the body and needs some help. He asks my dad (the two of them are good friends), "Do dead people bother you?". My dad, in his usual deadpan delivery, replies "Nope...dead people don't bother nobody." It took the mortician a second to get the joke and they had a good laugh to break up the tension before they went in to load up the body.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've always wanted a hearse, but am not to keen on the powder blue either. But if you can put up a pick it would be great.

I watch ebay all the time for them. Personally, my favs are the ones with fins. They look so cool!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Pics pics pics always pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hearse!!!

I would really appriciate it if you would send me some pix......we are looking to open a "haunted bed and breakfast" in the Tampa Bay area, and I really need a hearse....... Thanks !!!

Miss Morgue

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
MelissaMorgue -
This thread is 2 years old. I'm sure the hearse has been sold by now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts