Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hearse wheels not the cheapest way but time saver

Hey all,
Anybody who might be interested in building an old hearse (horse and buggy style) and would like to save some time.......

Big Lots has Wagon Wheels advertised in 2 sizes. I think they might be small for a full size project but I figure somebody might have a use for these. They have a 31 inch for $20 and a 23 inch for $15. I am sure they are meant to hang on a wall but they look pretty good, and I think would make great dummy wheels for a scaled-down horse drawn hearse prop.

I don't know if it is available in all areas but here in North Texas they are advertised in a flyer.

I am tempted to get 4 for possible future project since I am not a wood-worker.
:jol:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Saw them tonight at BL when we stopped in to buy a fan.

Also have the garden arches again for $6.99. I took our white Christmas one that the lights had died on, painted it black, and it is now the entrance through our graveyard fence.

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*I used a garden arch for a few years but it finally fell apart.
I like the price. Might stop by BL to get one. Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Funny, I just stopped by big lots two days ago for the first time and found those wheels. I was thinking about mounting some flickering bulbs (that they also conviently sell there) to the top of the wheel, hang it by a couple of chains with cobwebs and make it into a chandelier.

gotta love big lots!

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The many things you can do with fake wagon wheels....whoda thunk it? LOL!

The chandelier is a good idea. Please post picks if you decide to do this. I'd like to see how it turns out.

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could also modify it for a carnival theme if you need a sinister spinning wheel. Numbers on the rim correspond with evil deeds or as a fortune telling device in which there is no positive outcome.

I guess there are a lot of things you could do with this.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I picked up two of the smaller wheels today. I plan on using one as the "wheel" a pirate skeleton will be holding onto in (the soon to be mine since it's just rotting in the woods of an old abandoned air base) aluminum boat he'll be perched in. The other one will be converted to a chandelier to hang from the cieling of the pirate-themed shed this year.

I may also go back and grab one of the larger ones to hang on the wall of the shed too. They're pricey, but man I couldn't make a wheel that looks that good myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts