Haunt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, who here has taken the time to go to the theatre and see a rather red and mean looking Ron Pearlman get tossed around like a Cesar salad, and also 'beat up' some rather rubbery CGI monsters? :p

I gotta say, I didn't care for the film. It had it's merits, but overall, it just didn't hold together very well for me, and I would have much rather spent the money on a ticket to see Kill Bill II or held out until Van Helsing rolls around the corner.

Anyway, I don't really want to give anything away from the plot, just in case you haven't seen the film -- but for those who want to talk about it, leave your thoughts here. ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had a great time with Hellboy. The set and prop designs were straight out of Mignola's comics. There's a hell of a lot of comedy here, too. Most of it centers around Hellboy getting smashed through walls, which works for me. Plus, they got his origin perfect. If you like Hellboy comics (like me!), you'll dig the movie.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I liked this too. I believe this was the last movie review I did for BADASS. If I have a complaint about the film, then it was that Abe Sapien wasn't in it as much as I would have liked. Other than that, it was kickin' from start to finish. The story, action, characterization and plot was taut. Perlman didn't fail in his attempt to deliver the goods, he rarely does. The CGI present took nothing away from the film as it is usually the case, and was so well done, that the creatures seemed to take on a life of their own, instead of looking like sophisticated cartoons. I can't wait for the sequel that is currently in the works.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess my biggest complaint was -- and it's really not fair to judge the entire movie on my personal taste, was:

SPOILER... somewhat. :D

I just don't like monsters with tentacles. :D Those futuristic "Doomsday" scenes were great! The red sky, Hellboy with his massive horns, and those creepy tentacles from the sky were cool -- but IMHO, they were only cool in those scenes. I wasn't fond of any of the monster designs, and I just really don't like CGI to that extent.

Otherwise, I did enjoy parts of the flick. ;)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I take it Tallee, that you aren't a fan of Howard Phillip Lovecraft? :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts