Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from new poster and long time lurker to this and other forums. Have gone from cheesy to classy in 10 years with ideas picked up here and elsewhere. Each year I get braver and more ambitious; adding motion, using LEDS, chilled fog, etc. My MIB is first rate, even if I say so myself. Neighbor who is drafting and design teacher helped me design an eliptical cam that slowly raises the lid about 6 inches and slams shut with a bang. Thanks to ScareFX and FrightFX for great ideas.

Weather is always a crap shoot in Colorado for Halloween and I hold my breath every year that my work won't get snowed out.

This year I am working on some styro gravestones, and a animated witch and cauldron, ala ScareFX. I am sure I will have many questions as the prjects go along.

Happy Hauntings!!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
Welcome to our forum Jim - Like you I also started out as a lurker and now participate on a daily basis. Like to see pictures of your haunt when you get a chance. Never be afraid of trying new things. Cheesy to classy is how a lot of haunters including myself start out as. Pretty soon you will be looking for more space for your precious props.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As soon as I am able I will be posting some photos. Now that I am getting my feet wet with wiper motors, I might try to adapt my MIB to run off that instead of the BBQ rotisserie motor I am using now. It has good torque but make a little too much noise. OMG it sure makes people jump when it slams shut.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Cheesy to Classy here too Jim. I had "panelling" tombstones before discovering "halloween on the net" LOL. I too have been working on Scare Fx's witch cauldron. There is a thread called "its no Zombie how too.. but here it goes" I think, anyway... there are a few of us doing it this year and hammering out some ideas in that thread, check it!

Glad you joined the forum. I would like to see pics too! Have a spooky time!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Sorry all, Im hijacking this thread for a sec:
wormyt said:
Hi JIm and I say welcome as well. Ive learned so much from these folks and its always cool to see everyones pics
WORMYT - weve learned from you! YOu rock!! - Jim check out Wormy Ts pics, shes awesome!

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Welcome jim, im sure you will find all the motivation you need on here.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hellrazor said:
Sorry all, Im hijacking this thread for a sec:

WORMYT - weve learned from you! YOu rock!! - Jim check out Wormy Ts pics, shes awesome!
Yeah me too ...WormyT has some awesome ideas. Its great to see that its all done by a woman. Im truely inspired.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
wormyt said:
Hi JIm and I say welcome as well. Ive learned so much from these folks and its always cool to see everyones pics.....................sooooooooooo when you can get some posted LOL. I for one live for pics heheheheh. Oh Im Wormyt
That would the
if you were not aware. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.