Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello Haunters

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  HalloweenRick 
#1 ·
First off, I would like to say Thank you to everyone. You have been inspirational and helpful. Thank you for taking the time to share your great creations. I have just completed my third annual Halloween party. With your inspiration, we really took the outside display up a notch or two. Nothing mechanical...yet ;). I can't wait to share some pics with you all. I live in a rural area and only had 6 TOT's this year, 4 more than last year, so sharing with people who love this kind of stuff will be great.

Our Halloween decorating got started quite a few years ago, when my Dad and I were at a yardsale. Sitting in the garage of this old victorian house were 3 tombstones. We told the lady we thought that they were cool. She said we could have 2 of them if we would take them. Didn't take too long before we had them loaded, sure are a lot heavier than the styrofoam ones. The last names on the tombstones, were the womans family name. I guess the stones had been replaced with the flat ones.

Well, a skeleton here or there, then more tombstones were needed, right? So we started making pink styrofoam ones to fill in the graveyard. I wanted to show them off so started the annual Halloween party. Then this year stumbled onto Pumpkin Rot's page. Wow, we set out to make a few ground breakers ... a few turned into 13 (nice Halloween number). Received 2 Buckies as gifts. There is no turning back now. Thank goodness we have a big barn.

Hope that wasn't to much info. Happy Haunting!

See less See more
#13 ·
Hello and welcome, nytemare! I know what you mean about living in a rural area. I've gone from a handful of TOTers to 43 (this year) in a few years. If you have a great-looking setup, word of mouth and repeat visitors should help boost your numbers. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.