Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm Mike,

I have been browsing the forums for the last few days and have been in total bloody bliss!

I have been wanting to knock the socks off the local kids for years, and never knew that anyone made these fantastic halloween haunts!! The closest anyone has come in this area is a haunted house that a customer of mine ran for a few years....

In syracuse, we sometimes get snow on hallows eve, so that makes it interesting around here that time of year. I had to trick or treat in a snowsuit one year...just to stay warm!

Anyhow...I just wanted to say hello, before I started to plan my house of horrors for the next year ;)

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Greetings and Velcome Ravenseye. I too have had to deal with snow on Halloween, and the one good thing that came of that is one house was handing out hot Apple Cider. They were popular that nite!!! LOL
Hope ya like it here, and believe you me, there are some great people here that can help ya with pretty much whatever you need, just SCREAM and someone is bound to hear ya...... I think.... hehehehe, j/k

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Welcome aboard Ravenseye! We can certainly help you knock the socks off the local kids this year. :D

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Welcome. The ideas can definitly flow from these fountains.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome! Takes a lot of love to do that in the snow. I hope we can help you rock some socks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Welcome! You in the right place for knocking the socks off the local kids. That's what most of us here live for as you obviously have seen. Hope you have too much fun doing it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you one and all for the cold, damp welcome!

I am really looking forward to setting something up this year. At the moment, I am waiting for a call from the post office about an interview for a job there. If that happens, I may have to scale back my ideas until next year 'cuz the hours will be nutty until I get some seniority.

But, on the plus side, it'll double my earnings ;) Looootsa prop goodness ;)

So, in closing. I really appreciate the welcome folks. I can already tell from my explorations that everyone has a blast, has a ton of good info that they share and are extremely friendly.

What more could a corpse want? ;)

-Mike

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Welcome!
You may not have many props done in time for the big day but we all started out small. Most of the haunters here are building practically everyday of the year. You can be one of them :D so jump on in!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Welcome Ravenseye...
get your pen and paper out cuz your list will be long!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Welcome!
I hope your job interview turns into a job!
Work does tend to get in the way of the much more important things....like prop building.....but until we all hit the lotto, gotta do something to bring in the cash!
We are all very well known for making the most with the least, but it's the storage area some of us must pay for!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome its OK to start small I only have some tombstones that I made and a ton of store bought props but there no good so I don't use them I hope you can finish 1 prop before halloween this year good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks one and all :)

I really appreciate the welcome from everyone. Makes me feel like I'm among friends even though I haven't met anyone yet :)

I have set on one project that I think I can get done before hallows eve this year....A flickering lantern.

If that goes well, I can see myself starting to work on a pop-up of some sort to kinda add some wow factor to it :)

Wish me luck.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.