Haunt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
How many RPM's is the microwave motor. Ideally, the motor for a FCG should be 5 RPM or under. That's why many of us use the Dayton motor you saw on Phantasmechanics or A BBQ Rotesserie motor.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Try This: http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/ All the way to the bottom are at least 10 sites with info on building a FCG. Perhaps your crank arm and leader arms are not long enough? Describe more what is happening with yours. What exactly is getting tangled? How big is the ghost and motor frame?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Grim Reaper:
Phantasmatics site is good, but for a really detailed look at building an FCG, this site by KicktheFog is probably the best with detailed photos. Perhaps using that page will help with your problem.

I'm not sure what you meant by the crank arm being lower than the eyehooks being a problem. Mine is below the hooks, and she moves beautifully. As others have stated, get some pics and post them. Someone will probably spot the problem.

P.S.
Does the washer you're using spin? It should spin, but not wobble. That's the first thing that comes to my mind.

·
Banned
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats my problem then lol but know i have change my idea into a flting bat i made a wire frame pappier mache'd it just waiting for it to dy the i will use a grey cloth on it or use paint the bat's body will be static to make it easier to do but the wings will flap up and down. i think this will be a better prop for me lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts