Haunt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a window that's visable from the street which I want to hang my Flying Crank Ghost but I'm debating on how to hang/ support it. This window is about 25ft up so that makes things more difficult.

I'd like to do something that can can be collapsed & stored easily or hang it in a way that's not visable or too obvious during the other 11 month out of the year.

Here's some pics to get a visual of the space I'm working with. I have some idea's but I figured I'd get some suggestions/ recommendations before tackling this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks! I was in the mood for a thinking question! :D

I would build a two-legged support to rest on either side of the opening, with a beam going between the legs. Everything would be a few inches from the walls and ceiling, just enough that there won't be scratching issues. And something gentle to save the paint on the bottom of the feet, like foam rubber or felt.

Oh, forgot to put them in the model- diagonal supports in the top corners to keep stop side to side swaying. :) Cheers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In previous years I've hung a static FCG in the lower window. It looks great once you get to the doot but it's a bit obscured from elsewhere.

Basically I took a 1x6 board & put it on top of that ledge with a cynderblock to hold it there. I then hung the ghost from that board (kind of like a pirate ship plank).

I could easilly do the same thing with the my FCG this year now that it's animated but I'd like to be able to better show off my work & put it in that upper window if possible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh snap! I must have posted just after you did. I was thinking of something similar but I like your idea better. Suggestions for collapse-ability (for off-season storage) besides the obvious?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts