Haunt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I'm planning a new props for 2012 and i need to build a fake water tank (8 feets high by 4 feets wide and 4 feets deep).

i need to create the illusion that the tanks is full of water.

I tought of putting a second plexiglass ( a few inch apart) and only fill the between space with water but i would prefer a solution that do not involve water at all or way less.

Any one have done that or have suggestions ?

Thanks

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,820 Posts
Acrylic resin...like they put in the bottom of silk flower vases. Buy @ WalMart.

Well, I guess it depends on how BIG this "water window" is to be??

·
Registered
677 Posts
A blue bubble aqua light shot onto a piece of plastic that shimmers from a motor above the tank?

·
User Title Already Taken
2,219 Posts
Am I picturing this right that you are creating a giant aquarium vs a metal tank? Being 8 feet tall, I would assume you want a tank that is clear. The question is, what for? are you putting something inside of it like a mermaid or is it just supposed to look like it is full of water?

American DJ makes an LED water effect that you could shine on it. It would look like moving water though which may not work out on the side of a tank that is supposed to be full.

We need more details.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I would also say a simulated water light. Some of the lights can have the color changed or will scroll through colors. But they simulate the motion of water with the rippling effect. They are bright enough to be the only light on that prop. Some if them can also change motion with sound. I have seen them start at around $70.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for lack of details.

I want to create an evil mermaid ( a la she creature) , the only part that would be clear is the front. She would be inside tank and would move on a FCG rig. I have a Fan for hair movement and a bubble machine. I then need to create the illusion that the tank is full of water.

·
Registered
678 Posts
A water effect light is a projected image of rippleling water, positioning it to shine on the other three walls of the tank will help you get that image. I feel it is the easiest solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts