Haunt Forum banner

Here's a REALLY hard to fill request: Eerie Christmas Music!

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Spooky1 
#1 ·
OK! Local haunt guy has a twisted Santa costume and I thought having a couple twisted (music only) Christmas carols playing would add sooooo much. Any sources?

Alternately: Any way to warp and twist standard sound files in Audacity???

#4 ·
I found the Solstice music yesterday and that would be my choice if nothing else comes up. Anybody know if it's downloadable anywhere?

I'm hoping for something instrumental and familiar like traditional carols but gone awry. Kinda like Virgil's Klown CD where you would recognize the tune but it's been bastardized and made creepy.

And yeah, I'm as picky about my music and lighting as I am about the props!

#11 ·
This may sound a little odd, but have you considered contacting a local elementary school? See if you can convince the band director to let the 5th or 6th graders play a couple of Christmas songs for ya.

You'll have to drag along some recording equipment (I'd suggest a laptop and a GOOD microphone), but the sound will be one of a kind and should fit the bill. I've been to my share of grade school band concerts and they play just well enough to get the tune, but badly enough that it'll set ANYbody's teeth on edge. I've actually thought about using this method myself.

Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.