Haunt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's called "Hallowed Haunting Grounds". This is really cool! Love the floating lantern effect!
http://www.hauntinggrounds.org/video/hhg04b.wmv

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
The lantern works on a mobile effect. It's nice when I see it. :D

I like the way they did the aging statues and following heads.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
That is just awesome. The rotting face on the statue head I assume was a projection on a smooth faced head, but what about all those apparitions? Were they Peppers ghosts or projections? If they were peppers they would have needed some hella big panes of glass in front of those room displays. That place was off the hook, I wish I could have seen it live.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The haunted organist and harp player were Pepper's ghosts, with the organist being a reflection of a tv screen and the harp player being an animatronic. The outdoor apparitions were video projections on scrim.

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Weeel damn info ya ruined the whole thing for me. Some of us halloweeniers like the illusions. I was amazed at the amount of work this was for a home haunt. Is it one you were familiar with personally? They did an amazing job.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
No kidding.

Hey Info, how about the tracking head busts? Were those just negative face molds set back in the wall niches?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
very very cool vid, finally loaded for me..that must have a cost a bundle but well worth it.
some excellent props in there to , I will be watching that again.
thanks for extra link infoamtek..

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
it says that 2005 was the last run of that... bummer
wonder what they are doing now?
well at least the web site is being maintained for info...

·
Registered
437 Posts
The haunt is down here in SoCal and the owner worked in the "business" (hollywood studio or maybe it was even Disney). Nice guy. He and a bunch of his fellow SFX desingners would get together every year and come up with the ideas and put the stuff together. I think the home was actually his Mom's if I remember right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts