Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I know a lot of you already know me from other forums, I see a lot of familiar names here. I am a fellow obsessed haunter/Halloween nut. I like to build complex animated pneumatic props and automated rooms. I enjoy scenic work too and continue to learn more every year from people on these types of forums.
I have a haunt in WNY state, Buffalo area. I can post pictures and video of many projects if there is anyone who is interested and who hasn't seen them.
As an introduction, here is a short video I made from scenes in my haunt. I hope you like it and I'm glad to be here!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hey Jim, glad to see you checking out this forum.

I am a fan of your pneumatic work and have done well from those inspirations for my own pneumatic props. From you plant monster, I am going to try and make the arms on my skelerectors retractable instead of just always being always 'out'.

Got anything new in the works for this coming halloween ?? :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome everyone! It's nice to see a forum so active this time of year. Woody and Bourno are 2 people I already know, nice to see friends here.
I am a fan of your pneumatic work and have done well from those inspirations for my own pneumatic props. From you plant monster, I am going to try and make the arms on my skelerectors retractable instead of just always being always 'out'.
Thanks! Moving arms on a skelerector sounds like a fun idea. Made any progress? Have you started a thread for this yet? I would be happy to help with your design in any way I can.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Moving arms on a skelerector sounds like a fun idea. Made any progress? Have you started a thread for this yet? I would be happy to help with your design in any way I can.
No thread, but a little progress on the getting the 4-bar linkage lengths determined. It is one of those things that you just gotta tinker a little so it doesn't hit the legs when folded up.

When I get a little further and got some pics, I will gladly use a little help on a way to run both sides off a single cylinder to make them raise at the same time.

I like your monster plant design, but would like to keep the forearms more vertical when extending (classic ScoobyDoo monster chasing position :D )

I'll post when I get to that cross-road :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for the warm welcome! I'm glad some of you enjoyed the video from my haunt.
When I get a little further and got some pics, I will gladly use a little help on a way to run both sides off a single cylinder to make them raise at the same time.
I have an idea on how that might work

I like your monster plant design, but would like to keep the forearms more vertical when extending (classic ScoobyDoo monster chasing position )
I agree that more forward facing would be better for this type of character. I am very much looking forward to seeing what you have come up with. Again I hope I can be of some help if you need it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Jim. How did you actually find us?
Hey Jeff! Actually, I saw a mention of this forum on another forum so I thought I'd take a look. I lurked around for about a week and liked it a lot so I thought I would join in the fun. I have been participating less in Email lists for various reasons. I like forums better so I have been shopping for one or two more forums to participate in.
Oh and glad you're here!!
BTW, like the "Plant Monster" prop, pretty cool and unique!
I'm glad to be here! I'm glad you like the Plant Monster. I had a lot of fun with it. Used two of them in a "Jumanji" room last year. This year I will put one in the swamp. I think he will be at home there :)

·
Bataholic
2,725 Posts
Greetings and Velcome Brckee1! WoW!!!!! AWESOME!!!! Loved your video.... Am in awe of your props.... Can't wait to chat with ya so we can bounce ideas off of ya and learn from you! Glad you joined! :>

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks yet again everyone. I'm having fun here. Seems to be a very friendly atmosphere. Lots of varied topics and a lot of really talented haunters. I wish I would have found you sooner!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.