Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Dear Beer, Thanks. :D
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I just wanted to announce that Brewster Yard Haunt has been chosen to be featured in a program on HGTV! The show is actually a spinoff on another show called "What's With That House?", now called "What's With That Halloween House?".
The producers of the program saw my website and contacted me about setting up a shoot. After filling out a few legal forms and some back and forth phone calling, they've decided to come do a day/night shoot on this coming Tuesday (17th) :eek: .
I've been really busy trying to get all of my props into good working order and touched up before then. Normally, I have until the 30th, but I really wanted to have 95% of it done before they come. So far, so ghoul.
I'm not sure if they will be airing it for this season though, I will post more information as I get it...
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
185 Posts
That sounds so cool! Congrats on the exposure. I was hoping that one of the HGTV or TLC channels would do a program on Halloween decorating that wasn't the 'Martha Stewart' variety, but something along the lines of 'Monster Garage' meets 'Night of the Living Dead'. Be sure to let them know about this forum so they can look for other candidates.

~note to self: Create Halloween website.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Awesome! I'm assuming it will air this year (please please please!)?
By all means keep us updated. I'd love to see your set up featured.:)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
kevin this is wonderful news and very exciting!! I hope it airs this season! I really want to watch (tape) the show so please don't forget to post air time as soon as you know OK? Good luck! :D

Hey did I ever tell you that last year when I was searching online for all things Halloween I found your web site before I landed in Unpleasant Street? I still have it saved in my favorites right under Spookyblue and right above Unpleasant Street. I am not surprised that HGTV found you and wants you for their show.
:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey did I ever tell you that last year when I was searching online for all things Halloween I found your web site before I landed in Unpleasant Street?
Actually, Kevin, you were also one of my first halloween related sites I ever bookmarked.
Congratulations on being chosen. They couldn't have made a better choice!
Way to go!!!

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Boys and Ghouls,
Well aside from all of the rain (nonstop), the production company showed up and filmed everything (twice). The crew loved it, they were very nice and we all really had fun.
Despite the heavy rain, we had about 25 kids in costume come for some early ToTing, they loved being on camera and were very impressed and enthusiastic with our display (the kids are usually the hardest to please). The video crew spent about 7 hours at our Haunt, they didn't seem to know when the show would air, but made reference to the fact that there wasn't enough Halloween-related programming on their station.
I mentioned HF.com, the contests and you scary bunch, they really liked the idea of our little community.
Again, no idea when the show will air, I'm pretty sure that they will be filming other yards/houses and who knows how long editing takes.
The production crew actually told me that they were on their way to CT to film someone who had put out up all of their CHRISTMAS stuff for HGTV! Imagine that, Christmas in Oct? If this keeps up, the stores will be putting out their Christmas stuff before Halloween...
Anyway, I'll keep you posted. The show is "What's with that Halloween House?".
BTW, Thanks for all of you that checked out and liked my site, I'll be doing a rather large update pretty soon and I hope you can check it out.
happy haunting!

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
I had heard that they were going to film two other haunts for the show for their broadcast. Did they say who else was going to be on?

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had heard that they were going to film two other haunts for the show for their broadcast. Did they say who else was going to be on?
No sorry, DT. They seemed to elude to the fact that there would be other haunts featured, they didn't say who specifically or how many. Maybe posted on another board?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts