Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - I am really pumped about finding this forum - it looks like a great one for the home haunter.

We (family) are from southwesten Illinois and are doing our first front yard haunt this year.

Two years ago we organized a haunted trail in the field behind our house and folks want it to come back. The field is too overgrown this year - so I challenged the neighbors to come up with their own activity for Halloween - meaning - each house will do something if they wish to - over and above the usual just handing out candy.

I have asked just 4 houses and from that have two cemeterys, a haunted garage, and a game table (which they will think up).

We will have a cemetery set against a porch "castle".

I have scoured the web for ideas (+ my own) and am really excited about it. I've been wanting to do this for a few years - now it's time to put the plan into action. It doesn't surprise me the number of sites online exchanging ideas and offering how-to's - seem to me to be holiday spirit - pun intended!

I think that's it.

EWS

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome.

We're watching you. We've been wating for you. Stay with us.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Two years ago I organized a neighborhood Halloween party.

We have a field behind our subdivision and a retired neighbor (the best kind!) mowed paths through it - well by October - the weeds were 5 feet high - the field sloped to woods on two sides - so most of the work was already done.

We built tombstones, dummys, and carved 6 pumpkins, set up tikis along the paths, cobwebbed throughly then in a clearing had haybales and grills.

What we did not plan on was the older kids (14 and 15ish) wanting to run the trail - so they dressed up and some dads pulled small trailors behind their John Deeres.

It was really kismit. Something that fell together with 3 dad's hard work and the neighborhood had a ball.

I was approached again this year - but it is too late to mow the field - so I suggested that some of the neighbors do their own thing (giving me the excuse to do mine - which is what I've wanted to do for years) - well - they have jumped on board.

So I'll keep every posted as to how things proceed. I am figuring out now - how to approach the neighborhood as a whole and what to suggest other than "if you want too." Take my next door neighbor - daughter is 16, Mom and Dad both work - they wouldn't be interested in doing a haunt - but said they'ed figure out a game to have in their front yard.

The bottom line is that two things have happened - the neighborhood has turned over and some new neighbors mentioned to our next door neighbor that they are worried they moved into an unfriendly neighborhood because nobody has stopped to say hi.

So this is sort of my attempt at turning the tide.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Yes Yes get out and meet the neighbors. Awsome work.
Almost forgot welcome!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.