Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Mr. A (short for Anchovy), nice to meet you all, have been lurking the fog-chiller (Vortex, etc) threads for a while & applaud all that have contributed to those incrediblely informative threads.

And now that we've been introduced, can I briefly borrow someone's wife? I need a lil restraint my way.... I'm satisfied with all things Halloween this year except for the constant desire for more low-lying fog. In less than two weeks, I've went from purchasing my first fogger... a Gemmy 400w, to a Chauvet 1250, to the VEI-950... and just this morning thought about another 950 or possibly trying out DeathLords's recomended $700 Martin.

I'll need her for the 4th of July as well... in which Hallowen-spending doesn't even come close. This years fireworks bill was over $5k (directly from an importer/wholesaler by the case & the equivalent of roughly $15k at retail prices). Our spent cakes filled a large UHaul & came in at over 3-tons at the dump.

Kinda off-topic for this forum, but for those you that are into the 4th as well... here is one piece that we put together with approx 300 of our 2000 roman candles:

Here is another fireworks vid with 14,000+ Saturn Missiles in under 60sec:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjZ_OObed-c]

Another vid that proves you don't have to go for the just the big stuff... yeah it's a handful of cakes, but they're all 200g/$5ish cakes in this vid:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFV_B-KCDbI]

And the rest of my fireworks vids:
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MrAnchovy"]http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=MrAnchovy

·
Registered
743 Posts
lol you need a wife to restrain you?? haha

I wish my hubby would stop restraining me so i could build props at will!!

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mr. A.
Sorry, I can't help ya with the wife thing. LOL Restraints are meant to be broken.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Dont obtain a spouse otherwise your budget for Halloween or the 4th will be reduced by 99.5%. Trust me, I know. :)

Welcome, welcome!

·
She looks so normal
21,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From what my husband says, you don't save alot of money with a wife on hand. I don't know where he gets that idea.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Mr A.

can't help you on the wife thing, but can I come to your house for the 4th..lol what a fabulous display!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's funny, Mr. A, I have the Gemmy and almost stepped-up to buy the two foggers you mentioned LOL so do you like the VEI better than the Chauvet? I've heard some iffy things about the Chauvet's but never heard a bad thing about VEI. You get what you pay for I guess.
Like I stated, I've rushed into these pretty fast & don't have any experience with other machines, so I'm probably not the best of resources.

My thoughts... the Chauvet is a good $150 machine. Output is on par for what I expected, seems well built, etc, etc... just isn't continuous. The VEI 950 is simply outstanding for $100 more. The output capability on the 950 is just insane.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thanx! I don't mean to turn this into a fogger thread, so this is all I'll say that it IS good feedback. Sometimes it's better when you don't have a lot of experience , but do have expectations, so when in this case a fogger matches or exceeds your expectations for the money, it's a good thing to note. Anyway, back to the Welcome Wagon (or Welcome Hearse LOL)

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Welcome Mr. A., nice to meet you. Where exactly do you live that you can have a fireworks display like that? If you live close enough to NJ, I'll make you a deal. I'll nag you about spending money if you come build props that I need :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.