Votes: 6 37.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the match ups, this ought to prove to be the most interesting. How can one kick ones own ass? But that is exactly what we have here Karloff vs. Karloff:

Frankenstein's Monster

vs.

The Mummy

Lets get to it kiddies. This one is probably the most evenly matched throw downs yet. Polls are once again open.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm going with Frank on this one, the average mummy has only 55 hit points, and is only a CR5 encounter. the average Flesh golem has 79 hit points, is a CR7 and is immune to the mummy's Dispair and Rot attacks. Both need to roll the same to hit each other, and both have similare Damage reduction. However Frank's hits do more damage and he can soak much more. :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am also with Frankie on this. They have many similarities, other than the obvious. Ol' Boltneck is already in the lead...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Oh C'mon what are you kids talking about?! The Mummy (Mums) is tenacious and really knows no fear vs Frankensteins Monster (FM) who gets in trouble with a few villagers with pitchforks. Sure Mums could get chopped up, but I am willing to bet he would just reassemble since he is the product of dark magic. FM could be killed where the mummy really is immune to the standard killing blows FM would surely attempt. Imhotep was a smart guy and would eventually figure out how to kill FM. While FM can barely talk and operates in a childlike fashion. Nah, Mums would take him eventually (it would likly take awhile, but he would prevail).

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
One things for sure: This could be the slllooooooooooowest fight of all time.:p

Two lumbering guys with limited mobility.:zombie:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't going to matter who wins this one. The Predator is going to take them out in the next round.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
What is going on here??? Is that cynicism regarding the election process??? All right Sin, just say it, "why should I bother to vote since my candidate is just gonna win/lose anyway"! :eek: :p

Sometimes we are left with having to vote between a "douchbag and a Sh*t sandwich", but we still have to get out there and vote. Remember its all about "Vote or Die" :D (a very small tribute to Southpark) :D

·
Master of Scaremonies
12,932 Posts
Again, are we talking about Im-Ho-Tep? If so, he possessed a whole host of magical abilities (and unbandaged himself) with which he disposed of his foes.

If that is the case, I believe the Mummy would be able to successfully subdue the Monster with magic, and rip his stitched together body to pieces. The Monster has been controlled by Dracula's abilities, so I believe Im-Ho-Tep would be able to do the same. So I will go with the Mummy here.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is going on here??? Is that cynicism regarding the election process??? All right Sin, just say it, "why should I bother to vote since my candidate is just gonna win/lose anyway"!
Cynicism? Not at all. Drac only got all the votes he did last go around because most people simply voted on fave status without piecing together what would actually happen should they match fighting skills with everything at their disposal. Dracula, could defeat either The Monster or The Mummy, either of which move so slow that anyone with their wits about them could easily evade these shamblers. If the Lord of Vampires can kick their asses, it's a sure bet the Predators could. The only Achilles Heel I see in the Predators game plan is their camoflage. The Predator's cloaking device is extremely susceptible to moisture and doesn't work worth a damn in such conditions. This is something that has always puzzled me. I would think they would perfect such technology if they were going to hunt in such places as a tropical rainforest, but that isn't the point I am trying to make. What I am trying to say is, even if one piece of equipment fails, they have other things just as deadly to back that up. None of the old time monsters would stand a chance against such an onslaught, King Kong and Godzilla being the only exceptions. If I am wrong, please break it down for me the reasons you think so.

I'm sorry, but Predators aren't going to be intimidated by zombies, Tannis leaves, curses and opera wearing cape blood suckers. They just aren't. :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Actually I was only being sarcastic. No I certainly would argue the results of a predator vs either of these two since that isnt the match yet, nor will either fair too well against him. In due time, right? :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Monster of Frankenstein is our second entry into the Semi-Finals. This poll is closed and we move onto the next.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.