Votes: 11 78.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one ought to be good. The honest to Beelzebub son of Satan vs. a virulent metamorphing alien from God knows where:

The Warlock

vs.

The Thing

This promises to be the granddaddy of all monster bouts. This is one I REALLY have to think about. So, get in, cast your vote and may the best fiend win.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Da Thing!
It's clobberin' time!

Oh, wait, not that Thing.
Anyways, I still went for the Thing. For no real reason, other than hell, even Kurt Russel couldn't beat the Thing. If Kurt Russel can't do it, Julian Sands doesn't have a prayer. :p

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man, Sands just exudes coolness, but you may be right. If Snake Plissken couldn't lay the smack down, I'm not sure Warlock could either. I still need some thinking time on this one. Gotta examine all the angles. :D

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Hold on there, didnt we conclude Kurt eventually did blow the thing up?? Or was it left ambiguous for a future sequel?

By the way who won the last bout? Someone must have swore enough to set my companies internet blocker to close the page out on me.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Oh man, I thought it was left open. But that's just me.

I think they picked it up in the video game. I don't know if Kurt finally won or not there.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh man, I thought it was left open. But that's just me.
There's much conjecture whether or not MacReady blew the alien up. It's highly plausible either he or Childs could have been taken over. However, I think Carpenter's ending was in such a way it was meant for the viewer to decide. I like it that way. Makes for all sorts of cool discussions around a camp fire...or an antarctica science base fire. :D

Omar, Jared Nomak won the last round.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I realize we are in the quaterfinals and all but shouldnt we have had Kurt in here as a monster??? I have heard it said that his acting is so bad that it borders on horrific. :(

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
okay this is probably the most difficult match up to date, by my usual reasoning I would pick the Warlock, but Sinister keeps yapping at me about how the Thing is easily the most horrific monster because of it's nature and ability to become anything....and I would have to agree with him on that. so hmmm...which to pick....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After considering all the angles, I went for The Thing. The point that sold me was the fact that although he is the son of the Devil, he is also half human. This makes him absolutely vulnerable to the metamorphs influence. Warlock would have to find a way to isolate each and every one of those cells to work his magic on them and neutralize their threat. This would be very difficult to do and by the time it was even set in motion, The Warlock would be beaten before he could say "Alakazam!"

The only way The Warlock might stand a chance is if he fought it with fire, but then that is no fool proof plan. Yes, this is a match up on screen I definitely would LOVE to see.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I think i need to vote for the Blendtec blender, but I dont see it as a choice :(

if that thing can make cochicken like it does, neither could stand up to it's might :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think i need to vote for the Blendtec blender, but I dont see it as a choice :(

if that thing can make cochicken like it does, neither could stand up to it's might :D
I take it by your post, KJ you are indecisive in this bout?

Perhaps TT twisted your arm and made you vote for the underdog, hm? ;)

·
Registered
5,423 Posts

I don't twist arms dear, I just take away a few privileges and I get my way. :D

I didn't do anything this time though. :devil: As far as I could tell when Damon posted he didn't vote.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts

actually, i still haven't voted :D I'll make my choice sometime tonight, even if it's by the 1d2 method

Update:
It came up tails, so the Thing gets my vote.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool deal! Anyone else want some of this? If not, then by tomorrow, we should be moving on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.