Votes: 6 46.2%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAPPY HALLOWEEN GANG! It seems appropriate that we begin a new one today. One of our combatants has been a Halloween staple for several decades. The other is a costume most people would kill to own on this so important day of the year. We have a high tech alien taking on the Lord of Vampires:

Predator

vs.

Dracula

Predator. I don't even have to question my decision. With so many sophisticated toys at his disposal and it's unmatched ability to hunt, Drac wouldn't last very long against him. The only chance Vlad would have is not to feed until the Predator had taken off to a more bountiful safari. The Predators couldn't use their infra-red visioning abilities to track him that way because his body heat would be up from the feeding, but they can see in other spectrums of light, so this probably wouldn't help the vampire either. Nope! Drac is finally and truly dead meat.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just posted this and already I see Drac has two votes to the Predator's one. Anyone care to explain why this is? A GOOD sound arguement please. I want to know how one thinks a vampire no matter who they are could hope to defeat a creature with an arsenal like the Predators have? :confused:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Predator has a big gun that blows **** up.
End of story.:p

Plus, how the hell did Drac make it past the Creature from the Black Lagoon?:eek:

·
Ghost Maker
3,014 Posts
I just posted this and already I see Drac has two votes to the Predator's one. Anyone care to explain why this is? A GOOD sound arguement please. I want to know how one thinks a vampire no matter who they are could hope to defeat a creature with an arsenal like the Predators have? :confused:
OK, this is to tempting to pass up. Drac is dead, so infrared does not work and Drac is able to sneak up on the Pred. Pred responds at the last second with high tech lasers and what not, all which do not work because the Pred is to high tech to try a stake through the heart. Besides which the Pred is actually female so Drac is able to put her in a trance before the Pred can cause too much damage. Then Drac drinks alien blood, puts on the Pred's high tech armour, now you really have one bad ass monster on your hands. The End.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bah!:xbones:
While I admit, from a purely visual angle, I'd love to see Drac try and bite the Pred (how cool would it be to see him wipe some of that bright green blood off the corner of his mouth!) this is one fight where technology would prevail, and Drac would be blown to little itty bitty bits. Remember, Preds have those big Wolverine type claw thingies. Perfect for sticking right through the heart of vampires.:devil:

If Preds can kill Aliens, then vampires shouldn't be any trouble.:zombie:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with Raxl all the way and he stated exactly my thoughts on the subject. As for HJ's argument, I have to reiterate: While Infrared is the most common spectrum of light they see in, they can adjust their scanners to see in other forms of it. They did it in Predator 2. In AVP how do you think they were going to hunt the Xenomorphs? I'm sure they don't have mammalian body temps. Drac would be toast if he ever tried to take one on and it's the males who hunt not the females. Drac would have a hard time trying to get a clear shot at the throat with the gear the Predator carries around not to mention the dreads. The hunters, laser cannon aside, also have all those long range toys with sharp pointed ends: Spears, throwing stars, Wolverine claws and god knows what else. And then there's those nets that cube you into perfect squares for shish-kebob...

I'm also guessing it's a safe bet since the Predators have a bit of reptilian in their genetic make-up, Drac wouldn't be able to lock onto them following a warm blood signature. If they're cloaked, that adds just one more advantage.

Yep, my guess is about three to five well seasoned Predators could absolutely annhilate the entire Vampire nation. If they were somehow overrun and taken down by sheer weight of numbers, there's always those thermonuclear wrist packs...

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very effeminate British actors (or those pretending to be) ALWAYS beat Dracula. :D At least Ah-nold has the right physique to go one on one with The Predators. He IS Conan and The Terminator after all. :p

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dracual never dies for good, he and his minions are constantly being brought back to life in 100's in not 10000's of movies, television shows, books and plays. Pred was around for 2 or 3 movies.
And he's always being defeated by an always limp wristed Jonathan Harker. Consider: Predator films cost millions and millions of dollars to make. While Dracula, with the exception of Francis Ford Coppola's version, would in no way break the bank with their budgets. With that rationale in place, it is probably easier to put a dude in a tux and opera cape in front of a camera as opposed to a Hi-Tech Alien. :p

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Oh, I'd hope the Preds have gear that isn't built by the lowest bidder.:p :p

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
I had to go w/ Dracula. After having so many high tech toys personally break down on me I know they don't last forever, however Dracula has stood the test of time.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have to realize TT, that if anything screws up with The Predator's weapons system, that won't include his whole arsenal. Predator's are just more effective killers. Drac's minutes would be notched and numbered if he ever faced one. ;)

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
You are right Sin, However if we look at the arsenal we can see some of the weapons could be virtually useless against Dracula.

http://www.alienvspredator2.com/info/weapons.html

Wristblades - The wristblades are the predator's basic weapon. They all carry one and from what is know if removed the subject dies. There looks to be some sort of molecular bonding between them and the user. It's an elegant weapon mostly used when the prey is less challenging or as a last resource.
I could see this being a possible good weapon, however if Dracula is faster that the Predator it does no good. IIRC correctly Dracula is able to move much faster than the Predator.

Combistick - This elegant weapon is mostly used when facing several foes or tougher aliens. Like the wristblades it can be used while cloaked. It's especially good for middle range combat, at a three meters distance. The most commonly used strikes are:

- A sweeping strike to the head for crushing the skull or decapitating the victim, this is the best method against the Aliens.

- A direct strike to the victim's stomach. This is the cruelest method, maximising the pain and dying time.

- And finally the 270 degrees sweeping strike. This is better used when facing many foes. It's deadly and allows the predator to maintain a high mobility.
Once again there is the speed issue.

Speargun - This is the predator's sniper weapon. It fires small and extremely sharp metal pieces. It's a good weapon for long range sniping since the sharp projectile can reach extremely high velocities and linear trajectories. These characteristics also make it a piercing weapon. Culturally hunting with it is of little or no honour, being mostly used to reduce numbers and isolate the main prey.
And here we see "metal pieces." IIRC correctly, metal has no effect on Dracula. It's also got a chance of malfuntioning. Also Predator has to take the time to aim. A moving target the speed of Dracula could be a issue.

Netgun - The netgun is a highly specialized weapon used for capture or as a sadistic way of hunting. It is believes that this weapon can be used in two modes. The first doesn't kill and is used for capturing the prey. And the second mode consists of involving the prey and squeezing it to the death by cutting him to pieces with its thin wires. This weapon is almost uselees when facing a large number of opponents.
Once again there is the speed issue as well as the possibility of it breaking down.

Plasmacaster - This is the most efficient and versatile weapon of the predator's arsenal. It can be used on almost every occasions, it fires a plasma charge that has explosive properties. The charge is directed by a targeting system, which is able to make path correction after the charge is fired. It can be described as an assault weapon used on heavy confrontations while leaving the hands free.
This could be the one that gets Dracula, however it has to be used and if it's not working or if Dracula takes out the Predator before it's used it does no good. Also could the targeting system lock on to an undead?

Plasma Pistol - The plasma pistol is a more powerful version of the plasmacaster. It doesn't have a targeting system and is a hand held weapon. But in compensation it possesses a more powerful explosive potential which makes it a good choice for simultaneously killing clusters of enemies. It must be used with care because if the target is near the explosion could harm the carrier.
Another good choice but it has it's dangers, could malfuntion, and it actually has to be used before Dracula makes his move. There is also a potential moving target issue here as well.

Disc - The disc is the other targeting device oriented weapon. It consists on a very sharp circular blade, and has the property that the owner can order it to go back to him after reaching the target. The upside of it is its extremely high piercing potential and the great downside is the slow firing rate.
I believe this to be too slow to used against Dracula. Also there could be a locking on the target issue.

Remote Bomb - A brute force weapon great for killing in masses. Its great explosion minimizes the problem of hitting the target, which for this weapon is quite hard. But still a great weapon, that is, if you aren't looking to collect 'intact' skulls.
I don't feel it's precise enough to be able to take out Dracula. Dracula would be just too fast and can stay out of range.

Self-Destruct Device - When the battle is lost there is nothing more to do then the predator commits suicide by activating this termo-nuclear self-destruct device. Its effective range is measured in kilometres.
This weapon is a little questionable since Dracula certainly couldn't outrun it however it is clearly stated that is is activated when the battle is lost. It would also have to be activated for it to work.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Ah, but if the speargun were loaded with Silver Stakes.....

remember, Preds always gather lots of info about what they're hunting.:ninja:

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,776 Posts
After reading the post stated above, I'm still going with my gut feeling - Dracula.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drac would get his ass kicked. Get over it. Teary's posting changes nothing. The Predator would deserve to die if he didn't make certain he has all his toys functioning properly. I will give you one maybe going haywire, but all? Wishful thinking for you Vamp lovers. Weaponry aside, Predators are larger, they are fast and strong, very, very strong. They are also silent. Add all that to their cloaking device...I see nothing but dead vampire turning to dust in the sun while The Predator roars in triumph.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.