Haunt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,497 Posts
We’ve had Home Depot animatronic props as part of our display for some years. Our policy is, if it’s going to rain, they don’t get put out in the open yard. We do have a covered front porch which provides adequate protection from rain, and they’ve been fine there. We also only have them out for one day, so I can’t speak to any issues that might be associated with longer term exposure to a high humidity/moisture environment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm curious if anyone's purchase any and how well they do in the rain I see it says outdoor covered use. Just wanting to know your experience
I don't use animated props in the rain, but I wouldn't recommend it especially if it specifically says "outdoor covered use". Generally that means the electronics aren't protected from direct moisture, but can withstand humidity and cold weather. That doesn't mean you can't use it outdoors uncovered, but you just need to be okay with animatronics that will fail, probably after the first rainfall that's enough to soak through material or be enough to roll past the electronic boxes. If you're okay with having those animated props be static, you should be fine. Eventually the screws that hold things together will rust, but you should get several years out of the prop before the rusted screws give way. I have a few outdoor skellies with screws that are rusting and staining the plastic around it. I figure I have a few more years on some of those before I need to swap them out, but by then I'll have gotten about 10+ years out of 'em.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm curious if anyone's purchase any and how well they do in the rain I see it says outdoor covered use. Just wanting to know your experience
With the HD props that have the electronics in the chest, I place a zip lock bag over them (unscrew the box and place the bag over it, then screw the box back on).

For props with the electronics in the head, a garbage bag with those tie handles protects them if rain is in the forecast.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Since there thankfully aren't any store shopping threads on this forum, I'm going to just state it in this one. Not sure if anyone has visited HD recently, but I'm frequently there to smell the tools and the wood in the lumber area. It just makes me feel at home, and happy. 🤣
Bodybuilder Chest Competition event Contact sport Event

Anyway, the one I visited the other day was completely restocked with those 12ft witches and 10ft Werewolves after being sold out the morning displays were put up. Looks like HD has decided to make their own profits by restocking mid-season as opposed to allowing the profiteers from buying everything up before they're put out, and then tripling the price on eBay. Good work HD! 😁 Happy to see they're looking out for their Halloween fans and their own bottom dollar rather than those looking to take advantage of Halloween fans.

If anyone was looking for those props, you might want to check online stock or your local store to see if your store has gotten them yet. I'm sure stores who sold out immediately will receive additional ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts