Votes: 6 54.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to do something a little different here boys and girls! Halloween draws ever nigh and soon you will be picking up costumes, buying DVD's or making props based on Horror Movies. Here at HMDM, we are going to help you get even more in the mood with some real bouts. No, not musicians or movies themselves on this go around, but Horror Icons slugging it out like in MTV's Celebrity Death Match or the old Godzilla meets the Glad Bag Monster, or something like that.

Here we begin with two Other World Life Forms who butted heads a little while back in an ok movie that could have been much, much better. I am talking of course of Aliens vs. Predator. Perhaps in most recent history, no other movie monsters deserved a "versus" movie like these two. The Aliens are deadly with their natural built in weapons system not the least of which is acid for blood and an overdose of hostility to boot. The Predators are all about the hunt. These intergalactic party dudes on safari have many weapons at their disposal and are more than a match for their opponents. They have light bending capabilities and weapons that would have settled that Al-Qaida mess in record time. So my friends, get to voting on who you think would clean house in this the first match of about 16.

Aliens

vs.

Predators

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I voted for the Predators. They have weapons capabilities on their person including what amounts to a low force nuclear bomb strong enough to level several city blocks, laser precision shoulder cannons, and other neat gadgets that will turn you into chum. People might cite Aliens vs. Predator as the xenomorphs being superior, but all three of the Hunters sent to the pyramid in the Antarctica were inexperienced and therefore not as tried as would be a seasoned trio. The Predators would have to be superior. How else would they have been able to keep a Queen in stasis for a hundred years if not?

Predators by a good mile.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I'm going to go with the Aliens. The Preditor just doesn't really do anything for me...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a tie going on here. A close race this early on...

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,769 Posts
Gotta go with Predator on this one. With the camoflage thing in his favor, he could easily slip by alien. On the other hand, I liked alien's costume better.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"No Aliens were harmed during the making of this film." :D

Too funny, Court. But this is the end of this matchup and the xenomorphs get sent back to the hive and the hunters move to the next round and we move onto the second matchup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.