·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Demonic children visit us this round and we have the worst of the worst:

Damien Thorn

vs.

Samara Morgan

Damien THorn is the undisputed son of the Prince of Darkness, Samara Morgan's lineage is questionable but it's an almost safe bet that she and Damien are at least first cousins. The question is, who can kick whose ass? They are pretty much evenly matched and how can you out evil that which is evil incarnate? Good questions all, but only ones you guys can answer, so get in folks; the polls are once again wide open.

·
Administrator
10,704 Posts
I'm going with Samara Morgan. Never, ever **** off a female!

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,776 Posts
Things that make ya say hmmmm.....I think I'm going with Samara. I think Samara has more powers than Damien had at that age. In my opinion, when watching "The Omen", a lot of things that happened to the unfortunate (with the exception of Damien ramming into the table thus making Katherine Thorn fall) actually were done by the Dark powers and of course, the replacement Nanny to protect Damien so he would become the Antichrist. With regard to Samara, she actually did a lot of her own dirty deeds both alive and dead.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damien Thorn is the son of the Devil himself. Sure, there were a lot of his minions doing his dirty deeds for him, but consider: Samara only had power over those who watched that video tape. I sincerely doubt that if Damien had watched that video tape day in day out that it would have had the same effect as it did only every day mortals. Since Damien had folks doing things for him, we have no idea what the extent of his powers were until Damien: The Omen II. If unleashed, I think that Thorn could EASILY taken Samara without breaking a sweat.

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,776 Posts
That is true about Damien finding out his powers later on in The Omen II, but as a child, I don't think he understood what his role or what his capabilities were. Plain and simple he was just a child. Also, they were both similar in the fact that once being discovered (by watching a tape/needing to kill Damien to stop the process), at that time was when things were happening. In the first movie for each - like I said, Samara took care of business without anyone's help while Satan stepped in and took control of the situation for Damien.

But yes, I think Damien is a force to be reckoned with and if this was The Omen II, I would definitely consider Damien having the upper hand in that match because now he discovers his powers and uses them in his favor (even though confused at times as any other adolescent kid). Come to think about it, man I wish I had his powers when I was a teen! :D

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good arguments all, DW but still I think non-applicable. Samara would have to strike through one of Damien's minions and would have to mount an all-out physical assault against Thorn. Since she's a ghost, I don't believe that would be possible. Eventually, I believe the Big D would have enough of those VHS shenanigans and step in. Samara Morgan wouldn't stand a chance against those odds.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm giving this one more day if not the rest of the weekend. If you haven't gotten in and cast your vote, you still have time.

·
Administrator
10,704 Posts
Awww are you extending it because Damien is behind? hehehe j/k

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You got me figured out...:D

Actually, I was going to call it a match until I seen some life when Johnny got in and voted. If something doesn't go down between now and this time tomorrow, then I'll probably award this to Samara Morgan.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By the srength of one vote, Samara Morgan squeaks past Damein Thorn to move onto the next round. That being said, we move to the next match-up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.