Votes: 10 62.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have eliminated quite an impressive list to get to this point, but now we have it down to two beasties. Our contestants ina winner take all:

Frankenstein's Monster

vs.

The Thing

This one SHOULDN'T even be close, but...the polls are open guys, get to voting and posting.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Well, assuming we're sticking with the Universal classic version here, The Thing would eat Frankenstein's Monster as an appetizer.:voorhees:

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Thing!!!!

edit: I didn't give a reason as to why I voted for the Thing. I just knew the big guy couldn't win out over the alien.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think there's little doubt who I voted for. :D

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
Wow, this is still kinda close. For the people who voted for the monster - why? I'm just curious. No slam. No flames. ¿Por qué?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, this is still kinda close. For the people who voted for the monster - why? I'm just curious. No slam. No flames. ¿Por qué?
I'm going to venture a guess here and say it's to try to get a rise out of me in some way. Whoever they are knows there's no way it would even be close and if they did think it was close would post why they thought so. There's only one way The Monster could hope to defeat The Thing and since he's deathly afraid of it as well, fire would not be an equation. On top of all that cellular activity still remains in the alien's myriad forms even when burned, the same cannot be said for Dr. Frankenstein's creation.

If I am wrong about trying to get my ass hairs to stand on end, then by all means, the persons responsible for the votes The Monster has, please step forward and dispute my claim. Like Haunti, I'm curious as to your reasoning. If it's simply because you like The Monster better than The Thing in a sort of popularity contest as opposed to a slug fest, then don't waste your time or computer key strokes to post a response. I will not go on a long diatribe here and act all indignant, I'll just shake my head in bafflement and walk slowly away...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will leave this open here for another day or so. We'll start the next series this week. I have a lot going on and may not have the time to close this out before I get back to Colorado. So keep posting and voting. Frank is trailing, but he can catch up if you want...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Thing is winning, but not by much. :confused:

You still have a few days to send votes either way. I probably won't be on much tomorrow as we go to see the Regman tomorrow. Plan on getting nice and toasted, but hopefully not before we get some business going. :D :googly:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Thing wins! We have a new champeen!

This poll is now closed. I will get with Z here in a day or so about our new matches. Until that time, stay cool and lets get psyched for the next round. :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The shop is closed for a few days. Come back soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.