Jared Nomak

vs.

The Thing

Time to head to the polls!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I knew this one was coming...
The only way I think Jared could win was if he turned a few other vamps and then the pack could take down the Thing. Since this is a one on one battle I believe the Thing would take it.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I was never a big fan of the Thing, but I think Jared might be a bit outmatched. So, unfortunately, I tend to see the Thing being the victor in this battle.

Side note: Sin, you closed out the Semi Finals #1 Match up too quickly. A lot of us visit the site during the week so opening and closing a death math on a weekend may provide skewed results. Predator would have been my choice. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
now, I admit that I don't know a whole lot about the Thing, other than it being a body snatcher type monster. Therefore, I think it would have a seriously tough time with Jared's unique anatomy. And its kinda unknown what the modified vampire "infection" would do to an alien creature such as the thing. I'm going to have to call it Jared on this one. he's real tough, and violent, and wont fall for any pretending to be my best friend that you just killed BS. Even though he kinda looks like a couch jumping Scientologist in that picture :D

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
I have to go with Nomak on this one. And yes, the picture above of Nomak does look like Tom Cruise.

·
JT's Sidekick
2,630 Posts
I have to vote on the Tom Cruise look alike--JARED NOMAK!!!!! The thing was a sissy in the cold. My boy Jared wouldnt have that problem.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was never a big fan of the Thing, but I think Jared might be a bit outmatched. So, unfortunately, I tend to see the Thing being the victor in this battle.

Side note: Sin, you closed out the Semi Finals #1 Match up too quickly. A lot of us visit the site during the week so opening and closing a death math on a weekend may provide skewed results. Predator would have been my choice. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Wildman, I would sure love to leave the polls open a bit longer. Unfortunately, there have been times I left them open for awhile and there was no activity whatsoever. I would be lucky to get eight votes and it would stall out cold and the poll would sit. I have been lucky to get fifteen votes at any given time and it would go absolutely no farther except maybe those occasional flukes. People either didn't know a whole lot about the films/battles presented or just didn't care, because it takes all of one second to cast a vote.

I left one open here recently for a bit because of increased activity and when I finally closed it, I was PM'd by someone thinking I was stacking the deck in favor of who I voted for. When I can tell you without reservations that a poll has reached its peak because of past experience, then what else would you do? I don't make these things that hard. The films for the most part have ALL been to the piece mainstream flicks that there is wide public knowledge of. It's not like I'm posting obscure features made in Italy, Japan or South America that the American public have never even heard of, at any rate, I hate how the Italians make Horror films, so I would vote against them on general principle. You won't be seeing Borio Snoregento's films in HMDM anytime soon. :D

Finally, I must say especially with the "Final" matches, I have been exceedingly disappointed with the voting process and peoples choices. I believe folks are voting based on popularity as opposed to who would actually win in an all-out fisticuffs. You and I both know there isn't any way in hell Frankenstein's Monster would have a prayer in defeating The Predator. It just has too many physical and scientific advantages. Sadly, I see this match currently up for the electoral process going the same way. Nomak would be a goner against the highly adaptable metabolism of The Thing, unique vampire or no. I'm sure glad I didn't add Ghostface Killa from the Scream series in these bouts. I have no doubt he would have made it at least to the Quarterfinals and in matches like this rightly shouldn't have made it out of the qualifying rounds.

As you may have guessed, I voted for The Thing. I don't see it winning though. I'm predicting Nomak and The Monster in the Finals with the Monster taking it by a landslide. Shame...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone else? Since it is so close, I am giving it today and tomorrow to pull in some more votes. We will move onto the final match which I will leave open when I go to L.A. for a couple of days. When I return, we will go to the next series.

Anyone like sweets? Get your taste for cheesecake in place, because the next set of matches will strictly be a popularity contest. You've been warned. :D

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
well, I should be ok. I dont have a sugar allergy. I'll just need to be careful of cavities if it's too sugary :D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We seemingly have stalled here with 14 votes total. That being said, we move onto the moment you have all been waiting for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.