Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Halloween II gets my vote quite easily.

Much like Non Comos Mentis, there's a love/hate relationship here with these franchises. I love some of them because they're genuinely good, while love others because they're just so bad.

Friday part VI is one of those movies I love to hate. Realistically, it's a friggin' horrible movie, but it's enjoyable in its horrendousness (is that even a word?). It's alot like watching a comic book come to life, Jason is just too comical to be taken seriously by this point.

Halloween II, while not even holding a candle to Halloween I, is still a very solid horror movie. It's one of the rare sequels that turned out to be very good. In a way, I'm glad John Carpenter was forced into this one, even if it was just in the role of producer.

It's dark, viscious, and even lends a backstory to Michael where none really existed before. His reason for wanting to hack up Laurie Strode is brought out, though at this point no real reason for it was given other than "he hates".

As it stands now:

Halloween II: 2
Friday part VI: 0

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Nay, I'm not saying he's comical, but very comic booki-ish in style as well as in the fact Jason is an unstoppable menace. Hell, even Jason's revival by lightning harkens back to something you'd expect to see in a comic book.

Though, I must say it is somewhat funny in the sheer ridiculousness of it all. Some of the kills are funny in a dark humor kind of way (face smash in the RV scene comes to mind). I just don't think Friday VI was a movie that was played 100% straight, whereas Halloween II was.

Nice. I think these are the kinds of discussions Sinister was going for when setting out on starting this game up. :D

· Premium Member
7,080 Posts
Well, yeah, I do encourage it to a point. If it reaches a point where the discussion gets obscured by personal attacks, that's the only time I draw the line. Feel free to disagree with someone, even be passionate about your views, just make sure you don't start "throwing punches" at another member just because they have a differing view than you.

Anyhow, I think you're missing my point. I'm not calling Jason COMEDICAL, I'm saying he's taken on a sort of "Horror Superhero" image in this movie, much the same way a comic book character such as The Hulk would come across with.

Though, I do find some dark part of my humor tickled with the creative ways in which Jason kills people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.