Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
373 Posts
Although Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives is really on my lower half of the Paramount Friday series, I vote for Jason Lives in this equation. Because Halloween II was just a big disappointment. I can't get over that really really lame throat slitting of the cop's throat where you could see it was just a line of red dye and there was no cut mark or flesh hanging out. Also, I can't forgive that flashback scene with Michael as a kid sitting in the corner and that stupid blood that looks like melted candlewax dripping on the floor- was that supposed to scare us?

Halloween II does have great atmosphere, the great halloween feel to it and the score was pretty good (did John Carpenter do this one too?). But Jason Lives excells in all the area Halloween II failed. Far better make-up effects, great music (not necessarily better), great atmosphere, Jason as more of an unstoppable menace is just scarier and more intense. I don't get the people who say this movie's Jason is too comical. Jason was only comical in part 5 (a joke, son-I say, a joke). Halloween II kind of doesn't have a leg to stand on here.

· Banned
373 Posts
I kind of find the implication that Jason is in any way comedical, in his unstoppable menacing way, to actually be irrelevant. Because if you think about it his being unstoppable meant what to 99 percent of his victims in that movie? Very little. People say now that part of Jason's being is that no matter what you do to try to stop him it won't work. Well, in this movie you don't see the victims trying to do a whole lot of anything. They run or scream, then he kills them because he's stronger- which is the same circumstance in the earlier movies when he wasn't unkillable. If they had gotten anywhere when they ran or stopped anything from happening by screaming, than perhaps they would have later discovered that he was unstoppable. But that fact doesn't even matter until the end of the movies, when the chase reaches it's real climax. There is little to no actual chase in the beginnings of the movies because this is the time where the movies are establishing their real motive: to kill people, lots of them, and violently, but creatively.

You mean, discussion is not just allowed but encouraged? Like you know you really want it? This is not the attitude I'm finding at most other horror or spook-oriented boards.

· Banned
373 Posts
Zombie-F said:
Anyhow, I think you're missing my point. I'm not calling Jason COMEDICAL, I'm saying he's taken on a sort of "Horror Superhero" image in this movie, much the same way a comic book character such as The Hulk would come across with. Though, I do find some dark part of my humor tickled with the creative ways in which Jason kills people.
That's the viewers who do that. The movies might in a way make it easier for them. But only if they want to see him as a Superhero, which many of them do. And I most certainly realized you had a point, I was just trying to add something to my side. I thought I had a clever bit of insight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.